What's new

honda accord spoiler

Ive had a little tinker with it today lining it up and so on, I think I can get it to fit with abit off modding and brute force lol ill post a pic once its on properly

well good luck buddy... those fiber things tend to break easily... be careful

Heres what ive come up with so far, it fits to the boot lid nicely, inside the boot though the metal is alot thicker than how long the bolts are except for in one place on the left hand side, I was thinking of using tiger seal to bond it to the boot and then bolting it at that thinner point for added security? Any thoughts people??

Thats what ive got to do its a few mil sort then the sport spoiler so going to bond it then ive got some anchor bolts to hold it down just to be on the safe side

If you use tiger seal then thatll hold it down.. Ive yet to find something thats been tigersealed to come off lol

Is the underside of the boot lid marked where you need to drill the holes or is it a question of lining it up and then marking it yourself ?

yes its marked... it looks like 2 holes filled with somehing... u cant miss it :)

nice ATR replique :) im interested about front "H" badge. I wanted to fit the same, but there goes just "H". Im thinking about spray that H in red. Any ideas about that?

313703_294527330675741_242534068_n.jpg

Havoc said:
nice ATR replique :) im interested about front "H" badge. I wanted to fit the same, but there goes just "H". Im thinking about spray that H in red. Any ideas about that?
hi there :) i have painted my honda badge red,it was on my older car that i had,what i did was removed the badge from the grill,gave the honda sign a light sanding to make a good bond for the paint,i didnt sand the edge of badge as i was leaving it chrome,taped up the edges of the honda sign a,and primed it,then painted it,ill have a look through old photos to see can i put the picture up

With my grill I cut out the plastic and attached mesh then glued a better badge on and sprayed it all, and there accord sport wheels I believe and there 16" thanks for the good comments guys need to paint the black trim red now and im nerly done

hi just a quick update ive collected the spoiler already,and ive it sanded and primed ready for paint,i was going to paint it today but weather isnt great,ill paint it during the week and post some pics

I've pondered over these, but unsure on how thery would look, colours will be off, and they might need trimming, plus I dont like the thought of removing them afterwards incase they strip away paint with the adhesive backed fitting.

I have a Wings West boot spoiler off of an Integra or Prelude (can't remember which :lol: ). It's fairly wide but when offered up to my hatchback it will fit, just needs a couple of holes.

Solvalou said:
i'm pretty sure boot lips should be ridgid, if it can be rolled then thre's no way in hell you will get paint to stick on materials like that.
I can't speak for the aftermarket spoilers, but the OEM ducktail on my 3rd gen Accord and second 2nd gen Prelude are both completely flexible and they're painted. You can pinch it between your fingers and squish it right down, to no detriment of the paint :) it may be a flexible form of paint though, I couldn't say, but in the print industry I know we have pliable inks for use on deformable substrates.

I love that kit, iirc there's a roof spoiler that goes with that body kit that looks the mutts nuts.

You put an additive in the paint to keep it flexible. Its called plastersizer I think. I had some rubber moldings on my impreza that were completely flexible. My roof spoiler is also flexible too.

Theres no reason why people cant get their rubber mud flaps colour coded. You just need a body shop that wont cut corners.

It's kind of a similar look to the Mugen spoilers on the Preludes in sitting so far back, which I kind of like. I imagine you could mount it wherever you liked though.

Any from the back mate? Looks good, what car is it from?