What's new

I hate shopping for tyres!

jakey.goodman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport GT
Right, it's that time again! I am looking around for tyres, and have narrowed my choice down to these 2:

Uniroyal Rainsport 2
Contintal Sport Contact 2

So far they are both around £110 a corner (ouch!). The Contintal seem to be a more premum brand, but the Civic boys and girls seem to highly rate the Uniroyals all round- especially on wet grip.

Has anyone got an experience with either of them?

Cheers! J

Nope, I use Mich PS3 - everyone here will have differing views though - be prepared to spend the next few evenings jamming worms back into your can :lol:

Can't comment on which is best, both are a good choice, but at BlackCircles the Continentals are from £76 fitted. I've had tyres from them before and seems to be a good discount on notmal prices.

They want £142 for Michelins :eek:

Can't comment on which is best, both are a good choice, but at BlackCircles the Continentals are from £76 fitted. I've had tyres from them before and seems to be a good discount on notmal prices.
I agree, I also recently bought tyres for my wife's car through Blackcircles. great prices that tyre places couldn't match.

Blackcircles mate, they are the best that I have found for the tyres I currently have (Vredestein Sessanta's)
and probably get next (Toyo Proxes)

I wish, I need them for 225/45/17 which makes them much more. Black circles is where I normally look first, but my local tyre place will always match them. Mind you, they also match Camskill which is quite handy- although in this case black circles is cheaper by the time they are fitted.

Have heard good thing about the PS3's, do they last well (you know what the roads around here are like!)?

Jake

I get mine from Costco, michellin primacy hp. I think they are around £80 a piece. They also do the michellin energy range.

We seem to get a good year out of ours - bear in mind my wife usually drives the car ssslllloooooowwwww... I only get to play at weekends where i like to give it a good blast around Caddington and the like.

Roads round my end of Beds are pretty good to be fair. Certainly compared to NI.

We seem to get a good year out of ours - bear in mind my wife usually drives the car ssslllloooooowwwww... I only get to play at weekends where i like to give it a good blast around Caddington and the like.

Roads round my end of Beds are pretty good to be fair. Certainly compared to NI.

The roads between Biggleswade and Bedford are pants to be honest. A years isn't bad though...

Cross country from me to Luton = Big fun :lol:

Until you get to Luton that is... :ph34r:

don't diss Luton Bruv the chavs will get ya init!!!!

i normally use etyres.co.uk

:lol: Don't worry fella, I hate all towns and cities - proper country bumpkin me.

I get mine from Costco, michellin primacy hp. I think they are around £80 a piece. They also do the michellin energy range.

That's a good price I paid £118 a corner from Costco last year....:eek:

:lol: Don't worry fella, I hate all towns and cities - proper country bumpkin me.

me too, i grew up in a little village just outside Dunstable, belive me Luton was not were i wanted to live, i'm more Dunstable end anyway, its not too bad

but i get to see a burning car now and then on a playing field, when im out with the dog, keeps your hands warm in the winter

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s16p0 Take your pick and get them fitted for anything around £8-£10 per corner.

i used tyre express the last time i put boots on the pentas,
toyo proxes were 80 a corner delivered, id reccomend the company

Michelin for me, yes you pay a little more but at least they last :)

Michelin for me, yes you pay a little more but at least they last :)

This is the problem with tyres, everyone has their own experiences. I had some Michelin Energy tyres from costco once and they lasted me 9 months! I only drive 14 miles to work and back! In fairness, this was on my Vectra not accord.

We get 25k a year mainly a and m roads... But yeah... A big can of worms.

i always buy budget tyres, even on my 18" on the Beemer i would get at least 12 months from the rears and that car loved going sideways too

I just purchased a pair of Pirelli PZero Asymmetrico tyres for 220 fitted from etyres.

So far so good... very good level of grip in the dry and not too bad in the wet.

I understand these are a softer tyre so may well not last as long as some other brands.

Most companies either don't deliver to NI or else charge a surcharge :(

I'm going to give camskill & Blackcircles a ring on Monday to see how much they will deliver a set - I've narrowed it down to either:

UNIROYAL RAIN SPORT 2- 225/45R17 91W
TOYO T1R PROXES TOYO T1 R - 225/45R17 94Y XL TL
FALKEN FK452 FALKEN FK 452 - 225/45R17 94Y XL TL
AVON ZZ3 AVON ZZ 3 - 225/45R17 91Y TL

If anyone has experience with any of the above please let me know

Thanks

I'm going to give camskill & Blackcircles a ring on Monday to see how much they will deliver a set - I've narrowed it down to either:

Thanks

Not on your list, but I ended up going for the Cotintental SportContact 3 tyres. £110 a corner. So far so good, obviously no idea on how long they'll lasy- but they are noticebly quieter, and certainly seem to grip well.

Thanks

i run the toyo's above, decent buy. plenty grip, reasonable hard wearing and fairly quiet

What is the max wheel width the 17" wheel will take?

The recommended is 225x45x17

Would the likes of a 235 fit or be any better?

After much searching I've finally decided to go for Vredestein ultrac sessantas 225/45/17 XL ZR

The thread pattern is one of the nicest I've seen and they have recieved top reviews online.
Getting them fitted this weekend :D

Right, it's that time again! I am looking around for tyres, and have narrowed my choice down to these 2:

Uniroyal Rainsport 2
Contintal Sport Contact 2

So far they are both around £110 a corner (ouch!). The Contintal seem to be a more premum brand, but the Civic boys and girls seem to highly rate the Uniroyals all round- especially on wet grip.

Has anyone got an experience with either of them?

Cheers! J

Falken Ziex 912's are very good value for money and quiet i rate

Rainsport's are also handed so you would of needed to decide which side they were going to run on, not much good as a spare!

I bought last time Michelin Primacy HP 225/45 R17 extra load ,they cost me £120 per corner. I found that cheaper then buying on the internet. I bought mine at Costco.I faund them verry quiet and have nice grip on wet.