What's new

It's back !!!

bobfish45

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 estate
Sadly my pleasure at sorting things out didn't last long, loss of power is back with a vengeance. This time it went into limp mode and wouldn't reset using on/off method. It did however reset after a 15 min rest.
I have been able to obtain fault codes now, 7d02, intake air temp sensor, 1 circuit high voltage, and ac04 boost pressure lower than expected.
Intake solenoid valve is £250 and mass airflow £431 so it makes the car uneconomical to repair really with whats already been done, anyone any car saving ideas? :(

Your intake sensor error is most likely from the MAF being disconnected, probably when your manifold was being changed.. and the boost pressure error points to the original problem of a sticking turbo. I know they fixed it for free but they didn’t actually fix it..

Well, no parts needed ! Took out and cleaned mass airflow sensor, and intake sensor, now the car accelerates like it should ! No hesitation and full power when foot planted, it's hard to believe that something so simple could have such a drastic effect. Hopefully it will stay as it is now. :)

Fingers crossed Rod. A faulty or dirty MAF wouldn’t trigger a low boost error though. Sounds like intermittent sticking vanes, personally I would give it a regular thrashing to keep the vanes moving freely.

Thanks chaps, it will be driven as it should Fahad, with attention to the full rev range ;) See you soon I hope.