What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
look at the date of the post., it was a demo price almost 9 months ago for first few customers, not available anymore :p
 

ToothlessDrunk

Members
Messages
697
Reaction score
31
Location
Berkshire
Car
2.4 TypeS estate
littlebo said:
If it was 200 we would have 100 less lol ) Thanks for offer though. keep on watching feedbacks and soon you will see that it worth all 300 =) or book an ECU for test and youll see that smile on er face once you stomp the pedal worth even more.
If it was 200 you would have 200 more on it's way right now .. bird in the hand ;)
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
We can discuss birds and cranes infinitely ... just try the brew and youll be an addict )
 

Nasty1984

Members
Messages
445
Reaction score
34
Location
Belgium
Car
CL7
Only possibility to send the ECU? As it's my daily driver and i live in Belgium i expect it will take up to two weeks without a car if i have to send it to UK or Germany.
 

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Messages
6,889
Reaction score
447
Location
Eastbourne
Car
2003 Accord CM2
I believe Sergey has a few people in various parts of mainland Europe who might be able to help. He might even be able to do it himself. Might be quicker to post to him than to UK. He'll probably be online later to advise.

Just want to say guys, I've just posted my ECU to UKCL9. I'm getting the map on my ECU. The drive in to work this morning clinched it. I wasn't really thinking about the ECU, it was 7:45 am, Monday morning, I in my usual state of bleary eyed, cigarette hanging off my lip, strong Thermos Cup of coffee in the drinks holder next to me. I was just going through the motions and routine of life... Yes it felt better crawling in traffic, but I wasn't really paying it any mind as I was thinking ahead to how much marking I need to do today. I was listening to the radio and shaking my head at Tony Blair's comments about the West not having to shoulder any responsibility for what's going on in Iraq right now and that we should intervene again!!! :blink:

Then I hit the more open A-Roads and the car just pulled with such grunt, but in a graceful way (no lurching, no kicks, just sheer acceleration). Really woke me up. 2K-4.5K on the revs is simply so much better now and once you hit 4.5 you're in VTEC and the car feels so much more spritely. It's hard to believe you're in a tourer that weighs the best part of 1800KG. It's a good "brew" as Sergey calls it.
 

BrittzTypeS

Members
Messages
100
Reaction score
6
Location
weston-super-mare
Car
ATS 2.4 Saloon
Glad someone else is loving the Remap. I cant remember the last time i went out for a drive in the car and thought yeah i wont get rid of you just yet.
Then i got My ECU remapped.......
Been out 4 proper times now since its been done as well as pottering here and there and i nerver wanna get rid of my honda.
So much more fun plus new suspension kit being fitted this week.
Ohhhhh i cant wait.
Also i cant state enough how god the communication was between UKCL9 and Littlebo.
Thanks so much guys and i love my car all over again.
Glad your enjoying it to Steve. Its the little suttle changes that have made the drive so much smoother and the VTEC comming in earlier for the fun factor :) .

Cheers guys

Dave
 

Osiris

Members
Messages
253
Reaction score
16
Location
Brighton
Car
CM2 - Type S
Good to hear an objective review of this product, it may help some of the more cynical among us (myself included) come to a clearer decision based on the facts without having to wade through pages of childish nonsense. :wacko:

I'm seriously considering this option, but £300 is a lot of money to me so i'm on the fence. I think i'll let the early adopters get a few more miles under their belts before taking the plunge.

Out of interest, how easy is swapping the ECU? I ***ume it's tucked up in the passenger foot well? Are there any hidden 'gotchas' to be aware when messing with it? My biggest concern is how the immobiliser would handle this, obviously it works but i'm just curious of how it's done and if this impacts the security of the vehicle at all? In #26 it's implied the immobiliser is disabled in the new flash so does that mean anyone with a cut key would be able to start the car or even 'hotwire' it? Is this common practice for re-flashes? I'm guessing this would invalidate your insurance big-time?

Sorry if these are daft questions.......

Cheers,
Tom
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Nasty1984 said:
Only possibility to send the ECU? As it's my daily driver and i live in Belgium i expect it will take up to two weeks without a car if i have to send it to UK or Germany.
Hey man, i see some interest from Belgium and i already have a guy there whod like to be my partner. We just need to collect few customers to start with , 4-5 will be enough. Then i can send him potion injector and we can cheer up ppl in Belgium. Thanks for interest.
 

ukcl9

Members
Messages
881
Reaction score
135
Location
uk
Car
CL7 Euro R
hi osiris

yes the ecu is in the foot well.ecu can be swap over in less than 2 min.couple of bolts and 4 plastic clips.cant go wrong.

your immobliser will work as normal on your ecu...its only the test ecu,that has no immobliser.and i dont advise leaving it pluged in.when not in use

hope this answers your questions
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Hey Tom.

No daft questions, only daft answers are possible. How easy is to swap an ECU ? Once you have philips screwdriver , small ratchet and 10mm socket its easy. Around 20-30 min of light acrobatic etudesfor noob. Heres manual off hondata website on how to pull the puppy out http://www.hondata.com/tsx_ecu_removal.html Hidden gotchas are always there, if you are real cynic you have to know that if

some s.h.i.t can happen there - it usually happens. Most often one is a passanger side bolt that holds ECU which usually stuck because of rust. Apply some man power or some WD40 and it

capitulates. Second one is an ECU connectors. Since its tight place there, ppl not always push em to the end ( must be a click sound of latch ) , once connector isnt fixed properly with its clip, sooner or

later, it will fall out under vibration and youll have a happy new year tree on your dash and ill have hysterical call or mail that game is up. Just push it to the click to save our nerves ! To sum it up - nothing special. You cant screw up anything there even if you do it for first time.

Now about security. Spare ECU has immo disabled and you are able to run and test the car, no need to visit stealership and pay bunch of $$$ to pair your immo with ECU. Its been made only for testing

purposes while you wait for turnaround. Your stock ECU remains immo protected after reflash, i keep this function in FW for security reasons, im in no way want your car to be unprotected and stolen. .

But... this protection isnt reliable though. This car has foolish stock alarm system, can be disabled with lockpick since wires from key cylinder comes to alarm. I highly recommend to cut those wires so youll

be able to set alarm off only with your remote button, not by opening your door with a key. Second trouble here - spare ECU with disabled immo to run your car. Im not the only1 in the world who can make

this trick and its not too hard really. Key is stored in eeprom, its unprotected and can be easily modifyed with master key which immo will accept as native. It takes 1 min to pull cover , unplug connectors

and plug em into spare ECU , then break ignition key hole and you can go. ECU connectors can be protected with some barrier but you need to dry er brain to invent and install it there. Third problem -

cloned HDS tools. They are widely available now for cheap ( 100 bucks or so ) and use patched oem software that dont need one time dealer codes to program new keys into immo module. I tried this trick

and it took me around 3 min to write new key to start the car. If you want to keep your car secured - never rely on stock alarm, its same on all cars and always well known and vulnerable. Always install a

secret buttons to run starter and\or good immo with wireless immo transponder in er pocket. If some1 will throw you out of da car and run - car will stall in few minutes without transponder. Hood lock is

also a good idea to protect car.

Hope i covered your questions and even a lil more.
 

Osiris

Members
Messages
253
Reaction score
16
Location
Brighton
Car
CM2 - Type S
littlebo said:
Hey Tom.

No daft questions, only daft answers are possible. How easy is to swap an ECU ? Once you have philips screwdriver , small ratchet and 10mm socket its easy. Around 20-30 min of light acrobatic etudesfor noob. Heres manual off hondata website on how to pull the puppy out http://www.hondata.com/tsx_ecu_removal.html Hidden gotchas are always there, if you are real cynic you have to know that if

some s.h.i.t can happen there - it usually happens. Most often one is a passanger side bolt that holds ECU which usually stuck because of rust. Apply some man power or some WD40 and it

capitulates. Second one is an ECU connectors. Since its tight place there, ppl not always push em to the end ( must be a click sound of latch ) , once connector isnt fixed properly with its clip, sooner or

later, it will fall out under vibration and youll have a happy new year tree on your dash and ill have hysterical call or mail that game is up. Just push it to the click to save our nerves ! To sum it up - nothing special. You cant screw up anything there even if you do it for first time.

Now about security. Spare ECU has immo disabled and you are able to run and test the car, no need to visit stealership and pay bunch of $$$ to pair your immo with ECU. Its been made only for testing

purposes while you wait for turnaround. Your stock ECU remains immo protected after reflash, i keep this function in FW for security reasons, im in no way want your car to be unprotected and stolen. .

But... this protection isnt reliable though. This car has foolish stock alarm system, can be disabled with lockpick since wires from key cylinder comes to alarm. I highly recommend to cut those wires so youll

be able to set alarm off only with your remote button, not by opening your door with a key. Second trouble here - spare ECU with disabled immo to run your car. Im not the only1 in the world who can make

this trick and its not too hard really. Key is stored in eeprom, its unprotected and can be easily modifyed with master key which immo will accept as native. It takes 1 min to pull cover , unplug connectors

and plug em into spare ECU , then break ignition key hole and you can go. ECU connectors can be protected with some barrier but you need to dry er brain to invent and install it there. Third problem -

cloned HDS tools. They are widely available now for cheap ( 100 bucks or so ) and use patched oem software that dont need one time dealer codes to program new keys into immo module. I tried this trick

and it took me around 3 min to write new key to start the car. If you want to keep your car secured - never rely on stock alarm, its same on all cars and always well known and vulnerable. Always install a

secret buttons to run starter and\or good immo with wireless immo transponder in er pocket. If some1 will throw you out of da car and run - car will stall in few minutes without transponder. Hood lock is

also a good idea to protect car.

Hope i covered your questions and even a lil more.
Thanks for the detailed response, I realised after I posted last that the disabled immobiliser was probably just on the test unit.... I'll return to my state of mulling it over and see what happens with others who have taken the plunge.

Cheers,
Tom
 

Nasty1984

Members
Messages
445
Reaction score
34
Location
Belgium
Car
CL7
littlebo said:
Hey man, i see some interest from Belgium and i already have a guy there whod like to be my partner. We just need to collect few customers to start with , 4-5 will be enough. Then i can send him potion injector and we can cheer up ppl in Belgium. Thanks for interest.
I have a 2007 2.0 with AT though. What about those?
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Must be G71 ECU, its covered. you can ship to Germany , its closest point. turnaround will be around 3-4 days. my partner flashed few guys from swiss, told me its 4 days or so.
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Welcome onboard Tom. My first reflash guinea pig is a chap from neighbor house, he is running it since Dec 2013 and his engine survived after 6 or 7 fw revisions )) so far so good. But if youd like to see UK ppl runing it for year or so...lets wait and see
 

vtistu

Members
Messages
123
Reaction score
11
Location
Devon
Car
CL9
When I was looking at getting this I was thinking, hmm £300, seems a lot. £250 would be a definite yes.
But I went with it in the end, £300.
Within 5 miles you'll be asking yourself why the hell did I wait.

I looked at my options.
Imported TSX ECU, taking it somewhere to be remapped up North. Explaining to the girlfriend why we're (I am) going.
The petrol alone would have cost me £150
 

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Messages
6,889
Reaction score
447
Location
Eastbourne
Car
2003 Accord CM2
I'm still enjoying mine a great deal. But the temptation to boot it more often is hammering my MPG :blush: . Once the honeymoon is over though and i get more used to it, I'll drive more calmly and not waste too much petrol :lol: .
 

ukcl9

Members
Messages
881
Reaction score
135
Location
uk
Car
CL7 Euro R
the honeymoon wont be over anytime soon.ive just been out testing the auto reflashed ecu works...nailing it hard....massive smile on my face.saying to myself.i love this car.its so much fun..and the j's 70RR exhaust screaming iv vtec is epic.

like you said steve.once you try this reflash there is no going back to stock
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Trying to improve our service !! now we have 2 spare ECU , for AT and MT , AT can also be tested in MT as well so less time to wait for spare.
 

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Messages
6,889
Reaction score
447
Location
Eastbourne
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Great news this. I was confident it would be ok, but this is extra reassurance. Nice one guys.

I'm still finding the car a pleasure to drive with my remapped ECU.

I should mention the turnaround was very good also. I sent the ECU on Monday and it was back in my car on Wednesday, whilst I had the test ECU so could still commute etc. It's a good service guys. Reflash with confidence.

:)
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Facelift been started late 2005 , Nov or even Dec, once you get it spring or summer - its pfl one.
 

Shantillas

Members
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Manchester
Car
CL9 Type S 220BHP
Hello everyone its my first visit on this forum, and I want share with you my experience about reflash from littlebo made by UKCL9.
MOT emission print is from mine 06 plate CL9 Type-S, with Navi and HFT system. On the clock right now 141k miles ;)

First of all, very good contact with Littlebo and Ukcl9, also turnaround of ecu was very fast. I send ecu on Saturday, on Monday he arrived to Ukcl9. After job done, on the same day, He send me computer back. Got it on Tuesday morning. Thanks to UKCL9 for spare ecu, so I can check and test new map and also for using my car for communication on time when my ecu was away for reflash.

Ppl will say that price around 300f are to expensive, but I will say it's a good price for what are you getting, and it’s a lot. Otherwise what is an other option ?? you need order ecu from TSX with Hondata reflash, what will cost you around 600 to 700f. After that you need some good tuner to tune your car with that! So closing cost will be easy 1k as the guys mention before. People, who know the subject of chiptuning diesles engines, know that price around 300f for ready map is normal…

Back to the subject:
In range of 1k to 2,5k I will say there is a samll difrecne thanks to TB response. Car feels better and smother when you start driving, you don't feel so much lag that occurs before.
Driving in high revs and getting out from corners or fast gear changes, you don't lose so much time and power. Thats also advantage of having VTEC set to lower point. From 4k to 7k car pulls like a crazy :D Before you wait for VTEC jus to hit red line or even rev limit and change gear, now you don’t have to. When the more power is avalibale in lower rmps I rev it till 5.5 and its all right.
I Push my car a lot during this weekend, and I just fall in love again. I found more pleasure to drive now than before, from old veteran he changed to sharp samurai ;D Driving on motorway is now also better, more power so i don;t need reduce gear from 5 to 4 to speed up.
I love this modification, for sure its giving more fun to drive than when we put new 4-2-1 exhaust manifold what its adding same power at teh top but cost more money :p

About MPG I will report that soon I stop pulling car so badly ;)


ps. Sorry about my English, I’m still learning.

Any questions, I'm happy to answer.
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
Thanks Marcin , enjoy and DRIVE SAFELY !
 

jonhond

Members
Messages
201
Reaction score
11
Location
United Kingdom
Car
Accord EX T
Mine is Sept 05 and non-facelift! Guess lb right about Nov/Dec. Love the car though! Hope I can get the reflash once house move settled and monies afloat!lol!
 

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Messages
238
Reaction score
57
Location
CAN
Car
CL9
God loves us so when you have real aim - funds for it will be delivered lol )
 

johnny 5

Members
Messages
192
Reaction score
11
Location
Heathrow
Car
Accord Type-S
Hey Steve, thanks for this review! I have been following the littlebo reflesh threads for a while now as it seemed rather exciting when i heard the prefacelift ECU could be remapped...now reading your review it sounds like the remap is great and is well worth doing. Just as a general question, how has everyone's insurance premium been impacted and does this actually need to be declared on insurance?
 
Top