What's new

Lpg Gas System (Lovato) Accord 98-02

meletis

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 98-02
Hello.Before one month I went to the gas system installation .
I chose Lovato, which is sprayed and petrol . Do not we have installed oil system.
It adjusted to spray 1 liter of gasoline per 100 kilometers .
The installation cost was 880 euros.
Already to the gas system I have done 2500 km .
The gas price in Greece has 0.68 minutes .
The engine of the car is 311,000 kilometers .
The valves will be adjusted every 20,000 km .
I upload some pictures of the installation of the system .
I live in Greece.
The gas system is made in Italy.
With one tank LPG GAS traveled 545 kilometers
Information about the product can be found
LPG gas vehicle conversion kits and CNG gas car conversion systems | LOVATO GAS
The company gives that the tank has a capacity of 48 liters.
Turns 545 kilometers adjusted the gas system
dex_zpsyjwjraom.jpg
pneymonas_zpsnz8oopu4.jpg
dex_zpsyjwjraom.jpg
egkefalos_zpsbvyfsja0.jpg
tpa_zpsp9m0cnip.jpg

I've just had a gas conversion done on mine. Fitted for £895 and so far things are going well. I have yet to work out the economy, it's too soon yet as it's only been in a couple of days. Seeing as I spent £2500 on fuel last year I'm hoping to make the conversion cost in about 8 months.

Here's some pics:

Really interested to hear how you both get on with the conversions. I'm doing 300/400 miles a week and the car has quite low miles so am likely to have it for a while so considering a conversion to save longer time.

cheers.

I do up to 500 miles a week and so far, after a tank and a bit of gas (tried refuelling when the gauge went red - better to wait for it to run out completely!) I reckon I've got this:

Mpg petrol - 35.8 (average over last 12 months)
Mpg gas - 27.5

pence per mile petrol - 13.5 (average over last 12 months)
pence per mile gas - 8.2

petrol mpg equivalent - 56.7

:D so it's looking pretty good so far!

Only snag is that the Engine warning light is on, but I have a Bluetooth OBD reader and TorquePro app so it's easy to reset. It has issues with changing from gas to LPG and shows rich / lean

The cel is on because your accord has not been tuned properly for lpg,its properly running to lean.my cl9 had the same problem,i had to add nearly 20%more lpg under 2k rpm,as the company who installed it only gave the car enough gas to stop the cel from coming on.my cl9 had a 35liter tank and did 220 miles a tank,cheap motoring

Thanks for the tip - the Gas-Man said I'd more than likely get the cel. It's due to go back for a checkup after 1,000 miles so I'll be mentioning that to him. Will probably get a basic flashlube installed too (£60) to prevent the valves from disappearing!

If anyone's interested, http://www.lpgnortheast.co.uk/ did the conversion and Martin, the owner knows his onions.

This is what I got on TorquePro:

What is the performance like?

Running lean isn't good, you run the risk of cylinder head damage.

F6HAD said:
Running lean isn't good, you run the risk of cylinder head damage.
I agree with you. When i work LPG the car don't work up 4.000rpm and 120km/hour

Hello. I have already with Lpg 25.000km from January 2016.I don't have any problem and change gas filter one week ago.

ChrisC78 said:
Thanks for the tip - the Gas-Man said I'd more than likely get the cel. It's due to go back for a checkup after 1,000 miles so I'll be mentioning that to him. Will probably get a basic flashlube installed too (£60) to prevent the valves from disappearing!

If anyone's interested, http://www.lpgnortheast.co.uk/ did the conversion and Martin, the owner knows his onions.

This is what I got on TorquePro:
Hello. I have bought 1 Obd Scanner elm327 with bluetooth connection.
The problem is that it can not connecting with software Torque.
Displays message that they are not find the communication protocol.
Can you send me Screenshot with the settings you have the application
Thank you

Unfortunately I can't help you out with that as mine connected really easily, and from what I can see there isn't much to configure?

1. Plug in your OBD scanner and turn on the ignition (or start the engine)
2. Open your Bluetooth settings and search for the device and choose "pair"
3. When paired, open Torque and wait for it to connect to the OBD and start reading data. It can take a couple of minutes to connect sometimes.

For the scanner to work you need to have the ignition switched on. There is a permanent live feed out of the OBD port, but the ECU can only be accessed when the ignition is on.

Hope this helps?

ChrisC78 said:
Unfortunately I can't help you out with that as mine connected really easily, and from what I can see there isn't much to configure?

1. Plug in your OBD scanner and turn on the ignition (or start the engine)
2. Open your Bluetooth settings and search for the device and choose "pair"
3. When paired, open Torque and wait for it to connect to the OBD and start reading data. It can take a couple of minutes to connect sometimes.

For the scanner to work you need to have the ignition switched on. There is a permanent live feed out of the OBD port, but the ECU can only be accessed when the ignition is on.

Hope this helps?
The mobile phone when searching the Obd Scanner, finds.When trying to connect the engine is turn on
But when you open the application (Torque), my application displays follow message continuity: Connecting to ECU
Which you version you Elm327 v 1.5 or V2.1.
read on the internet that some Obd Scanner Elm327 with version v 1.5 is problematic. I the I have purchased from Chinese Shop.
http://www.coolicool.com/elm327-obd2-obdii-can-bus-v15-bluetooth-car-diagnostic-interface-scanner-tool-g-30868