What's new

MK8 DIESEL AUTOMATIC TOURER, got to change the fuel filter, got a genuine one, and the 15 flute tool, what I need is directions on how to go about do

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
MK8 DIESEL AUTOMATIC TOURER, got to change the fuel filter, got a genuine one, and the 15 flute tool, what I need is directions on how to go about doing the job. There was a while back a guide published on here by ichiban but I am unable to find it, can anyone ***ist please?

it’s probably best done on a ramp as it’s underneath the car at the rear towards the fuel tank. It’s pretty straightforward once you’ve removed the plastic shroud, just take care to ensure you change all the rubber o rings that come with the new filter. Once fitted switch the ignition on and off a few times to prime the fuel system before trying to start.

Auto version Fuel filter is not where the manual version lives. Its as Fahad says under the rear of car. The manual versions are straightforward to access behind the strut brace.

Hi. I need to get the fuel filter done on my mk8 Auto I-dtec - are there any pictures or fitting guide to do this job and any part numbers for the correct item please ?
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Andrew

It’s located under the car towards the rear, below the fuel tank area. No pics needed it’s fairly straightforward once you get to it. Use a genuine Honda item, you can order from our affiliated dealer Holdcroft Honda in Stoke. Tell them you’re a member here.

Hi. I need to get the fuel filter done on my mk8 Auto I-dtec - are there any pictures or fitting guide to do this job and any part numbers for the correct item please ?
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Andrew
If you want diagrams and steps of how to do it use this guide to get the electronic service manual running. You need internet explorer or Edge browser. You should find fuel filter replacement under fuel and emissions systems.

If you want to find the part number look on here:
I think if you call or go to your local Honda dealer they will find the part from your reg.
Last time I went to mine in Shrewsbury with a part number it wasn't in stock but they got it there the next day.
I was shocked the parts manager knew the part from the number I gave him, don't know why but there's a few parts to a car and it was a very minor part.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies they have been invaluable.

Having looked at the ESM and the Parts Catalogue, it mentions that the quick release retainer (***ume 2 off) cannot be reused when it has been disconnected from the fuel line when removing the filter ***embly. It then goes on to list 5 possible options, only one of which (the orange Tokai) is listed in the link to the Honda parts catalogue.

Is it the case that only the orange type will be needed or is the only way to tell what is required is to remove the filter housing, and then determine which colour retainer is required ?

Obviously some of you have found an answer to this conundrum already - any shared experience with this issue would be equally appreciated.

Thank you kindly

My 2012 idtec auto saloon - located under fuel tank, though dealer did insist it would be on the bulkhead. Didn't require priming.

Auto under the fuel tank, Manual in the bulkhead.