What's new

My purchase from spoonsportseurope.net spoon calipers+dixcel pads

ukcl9

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7 Euro R
last week i spoke to anthony at spoon sports europe about there spoon sports calipers and brake options they had for the cl7/cl9.he was very helpfully and was even happy to negotiate on there prices.

so i brought spoon 4 pot monoblock calipers 2.6kg and dixcel type z pads.

also had a nice little chat about there cl7 race car.940 kg.it must of been epic fun.

they also offered me 26mm spoon disc's but i want to use ATR 28mm front disc's

ive test fitted the calipers and they fit perfectly using 28mm ATR disc.but you need to use 1.5mm washer to move the claiper out slighty so the disc is dead center in the caliper.im using groved mtec disc's.
i hope to get them fitted this weekend with some help from a friend to bleed the brakes
click the link below for good quality pics..

http://www.icbmotorsport.com/spspcl7tsxac.html

here are some i had taken.but the pictures dont show how beautiful the calipers are

spoon quality is epic.i will update when fitted and there bedded in.

i love the fact pads can be changed in seconds without removing the calipers.great design

they look nice behind my lenso wheels.its a tight fit.the car is jacked up

Sooooo nice!

Good stuff mate, I have Spoon calipers on my Civic, awesome piece of kit, love them.

the calipers are now fitted.very easy to fit.but if using 28mm ATR disc's like me you will need to use 1.6mm washer(red washer in pic) to move the caliper over slightly.im going to take it very easy for a few weeks.pads need upto 700 miles to bed in.i will update in a few weeks.but first impression is the brake pedal feels a lot firmer.i love it.i will try and get a pic up later

Ive had them 2.5years.they feel a lot like stock when driving normally.but really bite hard when you need them to.im stil on the same disc's and pads from when i got the calipers.im using dexcil type z pads.they seem a very rough pad as they are 2/3 warn and will have warn the disc's right out by the time i need to replace the pads.i will take some pictures