What's new

New Tourer with DPF issues within 7 days

F6HAD said:
Nope it doesn't work.
I agree
People think that the magic liquids, ultrasound cleaning etc will help. But this is just a waste of money and they always back after few weeks.

I see customers all the time who've wasted money on these treatments. Once the DPF is blocked, it's had it.

Remove or Replace.

I've had them in as low as 39k miles.. but generally speaking they've had their useful life after 90k

F6HAD said:
I've had them in as low as 39k miles.. but generally speaking they've had their useful life after 90k
DadWagon said:
It was around 90-100k on mine looking at the history of the forced regens before I owned it.
Mines only got 25k on the clock so should be OK for a while then ... fingers crossed

It's like Russian roulette mate.

If it's a modern Diesel then no marque is immune to DPF problems.

Time ago when i worked on Porche Inter Auto in Slovenija we had many of blocked DPF's but after time they offered a solution in some kind of spray bottle which we sprayed directly in the DPF, when the liquid touched the dirt it becamed active foam which we leaved for an hour to do it's job... In that time usualy we put all bact together and run the engine and leaved the engine run until it warm's up and then a drive on the motorway.
With that we solved many DPF's withouth any later issue's

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

None of those cleaners really work Jan, maybe your experience in Slovenia was different but in the uk I've had customers that have come to me after spending several hundreds on every kind of professional cleaning service available only to find they're back at square one in a few months.

From what i had a chanse to use them they worked well. I don't know if today any of them have any kind of problem with that so i can't put my hand in fire for this products but in my opinion they worth to try because as we all know DPF's are not cheap so if they in any way work or help to anybody with this problem, few bucks are nothing versus 1000+ for the new DPF.

However i dubt about that here in my country we have some "special" cleaners for this stuff but as said before... From my experience you can't lose nothing for that few bucks

It's a spray bottle with some long flexible tube on it, and on the end of the tube have a plastic noozle with four sprayers.

And please don't get me wrong...i'm not trying to sell nothing to anybody

It's just an acid mix. A bit like traffic film remover used by car washes (but stronger).

We've also used it to help our customers that have a vehicle whose engine management system cannot support a DPF removal.

We actually go the whole hog and remove the DPF off the car, run the acid mix through the filter and give it an hour to penetrate. Then we jet wash with it high pressure hot water until the water coming out the other end is as clean as the water going in.

It's given the cars we've done around 3-6 months before they're back again.

So it's just "snake oil" huh? :)
I don't know that much about that sort of things so all i can tell is that my experience is different.

And no... i'm not supporter of that kind of problem solving

Oven(stove) cleaner + karcher jet wash
Will help for few weeks

Then let me know if You live on South UK :)

We have a large container of it in the garage Jon, supplied by our local motor factors. The brand isn't important it's all the same stuff inside really. Very corrosive and you need heavy duty gloves and a mask to handle it.

edgeoftime said:
And still no manufacturers name or brand? if it was that good it would be world wide and the makers millionaires.
I do not remember it...was few years ago...
I'm with you on that