What's new

PTG Check - Electric Tourer Boot Failed - Please Help!

This youtube video may be helpful. It shows how to get the inside of the tailgate off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0-AekObxY
I did all this only to discover that the manual handle on the outside does not have a mechanical linkage so you cannot disable the powered bit of the tailgate and just use the handle. In fact I got mine working in the end by resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery. So learn from my mistake - try that before taking the tailgate apart!
Bob

entwisi said:
I stripped my unit down when mine did this. basically there are two circular switches where a rotating arm passes over positional sensors. On mine the springiness of the switch had been lost so the ecu was loosing track of where the lock unit was. Bending the contacts back up and re ***embling then the battery reset and mines worked fine since.
This worked for me. One pin within one of the circular contacts was bent. Straightening it and cleaning the grease off the contacts fixed my issue.

jamesb1233 said:
This worked for me. One pin within one of the circular contacts was bent. Straightening it and cleaning the grease off the contacts fixed my issue.
Sorry for reviving an old thread - I've recently stumbled upon this same issue with my Accord. First few times worked with just a reset, but now it does not solve it anymore. Do any of you guys have any tips on how to take it apart and fix the contacts? Maybe even pictures?
Do I need to pull apart the whole boot door or can you access it anyway?