What's new

Suspected timing chain BAD RATTLE

I did 500 miles, but you might get away with a bit less.

well honda have rung and said my car is ready and i asked her if my old clutch had been changed at all previously in its life or was it the original clutch and fly and she said we wont know that unless we knew the garages its been too, is she a joker?

If it was done with Honda they will know. She doesn't sound all that bright really.

I think she's probably more of a clown than a joker :rolleyes:

Just ask to see the friction disc and if it has LUK stamped on it, it's not the factory clutch.

Right just back from Honda and my god! does it feel weird! i stalled a couple of times as the bite is almost to the floor! is that normal and sometimes i find it hard to get it into gear, i was about to turn round and say im not happy but i thought i would give it a few miles and perhaps it will bed in and il either get used to it or it will adjust itself?

are what im experiencing normal?

I'm not totally sure but, I would have thought it would be different, clutch being changed for a new one and all, different bite point etc. Not sure about the DMF though, don't know if that would make any difference.

Did you have the clutch fluid changed as well? That could explain gears being difficult to select

i ***umed that would be changed too, on the bill it show ULTRA MTF3 fluid, gearbox oil? no mention of clutch fluid but i thought that would be all in wouldnt it?

That's transmission fluid, apparently clutch fluid is not changed - which I too found a little bizarre.

Well it could had been a lot worse...

the bite is almost to the floor and sometimes it is hard to find gear is this normal for first few miles until it all adjusts?.

I asked to see the previous clutch and they could not tell whether it was an original or not. if it lasted until 114k then thats pretty good going id say. also my cruise control still doesnt work (i thought they'd fix that)

Sounds like a return trip is in order.... mine was perfect straight after the work. I had to keep reminding myself to take it easy.

Err,

Stalling because the biting point is low, sounds ok, difficulty changing gear doesn't ***uming it was ok before.

As for cruise control not working, did they say they had fixed it ?

As Dan, sounds like you need to pay another visit.

Get it taken back, the money you've paid it wants to be 100% bang on. Don't let them fob you off with no bull either and you want the service manager not the receptionist!

sounds like it was a poor install and they have rushed it. Take it back mate and get it inspected.
My clutch was absolutely perfect when i drove it away. HH mechanic told me it was original

I think they may have damaged your clutch master cylinder... similar thing happened to Salim recently on his Accord. Either that or they've introduced air into the fluid system. Either way, take it back.. it's not normal to find engaging gears difficult.

It may be that the mechanic did not manually adjust the pressure plate upon installation.
If you drive it for a few days I suspect that the clutch pedal biting point will rise towards a more acceptable position

Just back from Honda and they bleed the system and asked me to "see how it goes" over the next couple weeks. The mechanic said through the service advisor of course that it felt, at the stage it is, normal as it needs time to bed in. But if i still feel it is not right then to take it back as it might be either of 3 things....clutch cable, release bearing arm may have been ever so slightly bent when the fly went or lastly and more unlikely he said, might be the gearbox, should the first 2 not work but he said the gearbox is unlikely to be the culprit should it not adjust itself.

There is no clutch cable in this car Jon, it's a hydraulically operated system... doesn't bode well for this dealer does this thread.

I must say what they have come back with doesn't give much confidence. Fahad could be right, to me it sounds more likely to do with the clutch hydraulics rather than anything else at this point. What colour is the clutch fluid. Should be a clear colour with no debris or anything in it. With the car stationary, rest your foot on the clutch. Does it creep to the floor at all? Does the biting point move at all or is it always in the same spot now? Check for no leakage around the master and slave cylinder. Personally, I would have the clutch fluid flushed and renewed asap then take it from there, not just bled out. There may be some ***** floating about in the fluid resevoir or the rubber pipe which leads to the master cylinder may be falling to bits internally - although, it is a bit weird that this is all happening after the clutch and DMF change - could be co incidence

no clutch cable....christ almighty, so i've been fed 100% pure bull.

i hate the fact you have to speak through a service advisor, i wish i knew there was no clutch cable when he told me. I'd add he said the mechanic told him. zero confidence

On the bright side though, on the drive to honda it felt a lot better, i even drove past it to see and only occasionally it would be a touch tricky. F6HAD im coming for a map off you as soon as i save up a few pennies after being bent over by honda for a map and you can have a little look but hopefully by then id have had it bedded in and be ok. might just be me too