What's new

What other cars have people got/had

Dannyp83

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th gen accord
So we all have a Accord in common what other cars have we all had ? Iv had a few cars.
1st car was a Ford Fiesta mk6.5

Second car was a Subaru Impreza hatch

While I had that I bought a project civic but soon sold it for Subaru parts lol

The current car is a Vauxhall vectra 1.8 sxi, it came up cheep and it's not a bad car.

So what's people got/had

I've had loads of stuff over that past 18 years from the crap (1600 mk3 orion ghia) to the great (S14 Sylvia - before they all got drifted) so these are the latest 3.
I also still own my first car, a 1275 mini, which will make a reappearance one day.

The previous one: Legacy 3.0R Spec B (6MT) 272hp

The current one: 2.2 CDTI approx 190hp

The next one: E30 316i. Getting a Saab B204 transplant, approx 380hp.

Seems I have a thing for blue wagons.

Goodluckmonkey said:
The current one: 2.2 CDTI approx 190hp

Man, she wears those wheels so well. They really suit! I'm almost tempted to get something similar.

£300 eBay fakes.
They're Dare LM's and stand up really well to potholes and kerbing.

It's the n/a flat 6, but it was a spec B with the bilsteins, quick rack, alloy bonnet, 6 speed manual, LSD's etc. I added the brembos and the stainless exhaust.

It was the practical car I bought when we had our first kid. Put 90k on it with no trouble over 5 years.
Sold it because a new opportunity meant a £35 a day fuel bill. 18 months on, I still wish I had it.

As you'll know Danny, once you've had subaru you always want another. I miss all that traction, and that flat six wail at 7+ grand.

Was trying to get the wife a turbo forester but she's not so keen.
Diesel FRV time for practicality.
I have told her she'll be missing out on big doughnuts in the car park at Tesco and the kids would love it, but she's not even bothered about that. Weird.

Mk I Golf, MK II Passat, MK II Accord + Rover 216, 4th Gen Civic, 4th Gen Accord, Renault Laguna, Current 8th gen Accord estate & FRV for my partner.

John

Had a Lhasa green mk1 GTi back when I was 18.
Now that's a great little car. All my friends thought I was mad because I bought a lightly modded one and turned it back into a standard car.
So progressive and easy to drive when at the limit on the OE 13's. Another favourite.

The list actually goes like this:

Mini 1000 (1275) Still own this.
Mk2 fiesta Ghia (£50 hack - mint with 35k on it - I had to fix the gearbox, at no cost)
Mk1 Golf GTi (rear ended in traffic and written off)
Mk3 1600 Orion Ghia (£65 hack, but was mint and original)

Had a 4 year car break where I only rode motorcycles.

Nissan S14 Sylvia (another minter, I destroyed this one on the motorway in the rain )
Mk5 accord 1.8ls (free - did 3 years in it - great car)
4th Gen Subaru Legacy Spec B (5 years - great Q car)
7th Gen Accord Touring CDTI (bought as a cheap hack 18 months ago but it's growing on me)
BMW E30 Touring (To build the sleeper I want, trying to make up for selling my subaru)

In order, feel free to laugh at the first one

Vauxhall Nova 1.4SR
Rover 216gti
Civic Em1 coupe vti
Vauxhall Astra 1.8sxi
Astra gte 16v
Integral type r dc2 (import)
Prelude sir (import)
Vauxhall vectra 2.5sri
Golf gti mk5
Impreza sti wagon (import)
Toyota hilux 2.8d dcab (import)
E46 BMW 330i schnitzer charged coupe
Ep3 civic type r
Golf gti mk6
BMW X5 4.4 v8 sport
Accord 2.4 type s !
Boring old Octavia estate company car (still haven't bought a replacement for the accord)

May have forgotten one or two, I've got pics of most of em if anyone's interested, I'm in the middle of getting ready for work right now so will have to dig some out later.

Andy if the Nova SR was your first car, that's pretty cool.

It's the Vectra that I'd be embarrassed about.

Honda Delsol SiR with rare Mugen aero kit and other JDM bits. Really miss it :(

7095663661_5845525933_c.jpg

6251672120_ddd1345758_b.jpg

6250163411_343d3e17f1_b.jpg

Then had it resprayed.

10455965746_8055404a29_b.jpg

^^smoothed OEM bumper i used for a while

8146442409_d92f8e57cf_b.jpg

8092553828_a7880c114e_c.jpg

Needed a bigger car that was a diesel to carry my camera gear around so...

A VW Polo estate SDI.

33049830905_9982ecd891_b.jpg

This was a really economical and quite reliable but slow as hell with no turbo.

Then a mate of mine was his re-mapped Audi A4 TDI i had to buy. Full ABT sportline kit and 19" LM reps. With the Milltek exhaust and remap this was so nippy.

16372569109_35c5227881_b.jpg

15936223384_8fc83de588_b.jpg

fitted some genuine BBS CHs when I found two of the LMs were cracked

21159817583_c18ece5401_b.jpg

Then got bored of and fitted some LMs again only 9.5J all round :wacko:

25607154171_75c878746e_b.jpg

25689203422_a43971fb8a_b.jpg

Guess you could say I love low cars :D

This how my accord currently looks....

31052256910_6c405b761e_b.jpg

Taken last summer when I bought her. Only mod so far is an xlink bluetooth adapter.

I've got coilovers and 18" LM reps wheels (love the style of these :lol: ) waiting to be fitted but I just need to get the steering rack refurbed and replaced and maybe get some adjustable front/rear camber kits. not sure yet..

My car history in order...:

VW Golf 1.6 CL (Mk2) (inherited from my grandfather)
Nissan 200SX (S13) (The one I'd have back in a heartbeat. Even though it overheated, blew the turbo and was full of rust... Loved every second of it)

Ford Mondeo ST24 (2.5V6, K&N cone filter - amazing noise.... eventually sold when a new job meant half a tank of fuel was used a day)

Honda Civic DX - 1.3 (bought off my Mum for £500. I'd spent my youth running about in this car, so I knew it very well. Great car to learn heel/toe in..)

Vauxhall Corsa 12v (let's not talk about this one. had it for a year of commuting misery)
Honda Accord 6th Gen 2.0 auto (first Accord, brilliant brilliant brilliant car. scrapped at 140k miles with gearbox/cooling issues)

Honda Accord 6th Gen 2.0 manual (bought to replace ^, never really gelled with it... sold it fairly quickly)

Mazda Eunos (Brilliant car. spent a lot to get it to a decent standard, should never really have sold it, but needed cash to buy the next Accord....)

Honda Accord 7th Gen 2.0 Tourer (Originally found this car for my sister to buy in 2011... she was looking to move it on, so I had to buy it. Had it 3 years now and still love it... )

Currently repainting a set of Pentas, so hoping to have it looking a bit sharper in the next month or two!

Remedi - Love that Delsol.

Mattster- The civic, nothing quite like the joy of driving a slow car fast.
Spent a while driving slow small diesel vans, and there's something great about keeping up the momentum to maintain pace. Great training for driving a big diesel accord.

Goodluckmonkey said:
Mattster- The civic, nothing quite like the joy of driving a slow car fast.
Spent a while driving slow small diesel vans, and there's something great about keeping up the momentum to maintain pace. Great training for driving a big diesel accord.
I completely agree, same principle applies to bikes as well! Something slightly perverse about thrashing an engine to the redline but still only just doing 70...

That civic is incidentally also the only car I've been stopped for speeding in.... :blink: It would also break into liftoff oversteer at the smallest sign of rain. It's a pity you can't get a decent EG anymore...

I'll hopefully have your wheels all tarted up soon. got them shotblasted last week, just need to fill/sand/prime/sand/paint/lacquer now! Will get some pics up once done. B)

Awesome. Should look great on them.
I really like them as a wheel, just got the 19's almost new with fresh Toyos so cheap I couldn't refuse.
One man's need for quick cash is another's gain I suppose.

The wife has an EP shaped civic 1600 and it's a brilliant thing to drive.
Loves to be thrashed and is pretty slow, but handles wonderfully at the limit with predictable lift off oversteer too.
Great fun. Will be sad to see it go soon after the 9 years of good service it's given us.

@goodluck I can remember the nova costing a fortune to insure at the time but I did love it, and yes the vectra was crap lol bought as needed the cash and had to sell the prelude.

Had a 1997 EK3 Civic 1.5 3dr in Silver, was my first car with low miles and bought from an elderly couple, had it for a few months before it got written off by a Corsa.

Then bought a 2001 Green Civic 1.4 3dr to replace it, this was a car I modified alot and spent lots of money on too, broke that for parts after 8 years ownership.

I had a few daily drivers in between consisting of a 2000 Honda Logo in red, great little car, but was suffering from the Pink syndrome and sold it on due to needing a bit more power.

Replaced the Logo with a 2002 Accord Sport which I liked alot, bought for £750 and had it a few months before selling it to a neighbour down the road, due to funding for a new car.

Then comes my current car which is my Accord Type-R, love it alot.

Had a daily in the form of a 2002 EM2 Civic coupe, good on fuel but poor elsewhere so I sold that.

Then switched to another brand for a bit, a Saab 9-3 Turbo, Good car but sold it due to a few issues it had.

Then had a 1997 Accord coupe for £450, rare car and a comfortable one too, sold to a fellow Honda enthuasist after a few months due to needing an Eco daily as I do alot of miles.

And here comes my current daily, 2004 Audi A4 1.9 TDI Sport, lovely car to drive and eco on fuel. Looks great and comfortable.

So ATR and the Audi are my two cars :)

I'll play:
Pug 205 1.9d (C reg..nicknamed the flying phlegm as it was rancid yellow with red spots thanks to hammerite rust eater..died driving to Newcastle airport before a lads holiday in Corfu..gutted)

Vauxhall nova GTE (in white…great car…made out of biscuits tins and extra weight reduction thanks to *** burns in the seats meant it was a flyer…sold it for some daft reason to buy..)

Subaru Impreza 2.0 sport (not bad but as it was the non turbo version it lacked grunt..some scrote keyed it outside the pub so traded it for…)

Toyota MR2 2nd gen (brilliant car…a proper hoot all round..sold it to buy..)

Subaru Imperza Turbo 2000 (did it properly this time…Loved this car..had it for 10 years and nothing went wrong…still miss it…kids came along and foolishly bought a ..)

Honda CRV (good sensible cruiser…plenty of room for kids stuff…cubbie holes for my flat cap and slippers…while the wife was having fun in..)

Mini Cooper S (2004) (not bad..the first supercharged version..made a nice whiney noise nearly as loud as the wife..but kept breaking down..)

Honda Jazz (I know I know…actually a decent wee runabout that no one would ever steal, fitted lots of bikes in the back and ran on fumes..chopped to buy..)

Toyota Granvia camper van (22 year old bus with 3.0D landcruiser engine, double bed and fridge..whats not to like…still got it and my weekend toy for all sorts of shenanigans)

Honda Civic 1.8 (wifes 2012 car…good nippy scoot..cheap to run and mustn’t grumble about…just needs a turbo)

Honda Accord 2006 2.4 Executive( my new plaything for the daily motorway commute….2 months in I’m liking the comfort, handling, decent pull and toys…I think we’re gonna get along fine…if I can sort the rear brakes as per common theme on the site !)

MY other car. Dc5 integra typeR, owned it for 6 years next month. Spent too much on it and still spending lol

Got a big brake kit to install and a change of wheels. I sold my full set of 10 spoke volk ce28n and found a matching pair of te37 for the front and had them powdercoated.

Wow lots of amazing cars can't really knock a good 80s car can you with the likes of a Astra gte, nova or classic Ford. That DC5 tho It's lush. Them TE37s will look lush are they getting wrapped in Yokos ?

Blimey more than I can remember is the short answer !!

Had at least 15 classic mini's over the years along with many many others.

Lets see what pictures I can find!

One of the early & nicest Minis
HPH_3.jpg

Grasstrack racer I built
0400536507_001P.jpg

An even earlier Mini that I had a slight bump in that put me in intensive care for a week but never put me off Minis!
0400414088_001P.jpg

Another one
0400390165_003P.jpg

Something a bit different.. Clubman estate shell on a Suzuki SJ chassis
photo.jpg

Nice Toyota that somebody thought was invisible !
K793JCH.jpg

Follow up Toyota
306042_10151379210847081_1670867624_n_zps7abc8b26.jpg

Puma and a Mini kit car I'll come to later !
1654402_10151974893002081_1665092045_n_zpsc7cc51e2.jpg

Clubman Estate
DSCF3415.jpg

Another estate that never got finished!
f9a2_1.jpg

Mini Nomad kit car
IMG_0732_zps8cbd13ac.jpg

Dannyp83 said:
Wow lots of amazing cars can't really knock a good 80s car can you with the likes of a Astra gte, nova or classic Ford. That DC5 tho It's lush. Them TE37s will look lush are they getting wrapped in Yokos ?
yes tyres are already on, just waiting for my brake kit. best road friendly track tyre ive had.

My old 200sx S14a , would have this back in a heartbeat, really wish I never sold it.
Spent a lot of money on it but definitly had a lot of fun in it too

Grayedout.
Mine was the lime green clubman.

IanH.
Love the Kouki. My 14 was a pearl white one and it was mint and on 69k. I was gutted when I pranged it. Didn't have the time to repair it as I wasaid in the process of moving house.
Sold it to a guy in Ireland and it became a drift car.
Would love another, or a PS13, but all silly money now because people like smashing them up drifting.

Yeah. Really appears that way.
A lot of money being spent on the likes of £50k class 7s to be the fastest unknown person to do this laps of a small field.

Even back then (1997ish) my dad and I put an £85 motor in a £35 clubman, built a cage, ditched the alternator, bought 2 Colways and went racing.

Everyone else had blueprinted 'standard' motors back then.

Now I'm dreaming of when I used to buy solid minis for under £50 again.