What's new

Would you buy this Type R?

Hmmmmm poly filler in the engine mount??? Or does he mean polybushed lol Wrong engine oil used, clonk when pulling away and he's only had it since October and already selling. The mileage wouldn't be an issue if there was evidence of it being looked after.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

Punch the reg and make in here, just look at the list of advisories it's as long as your arm !

eBay number 371779440791

Looks a bit better, lower miles, similar price and more evidence of maintenance if the mot history and advert are to be believed

I wouldn't for that price, I always find ATR's for under £2500 have alot of issues and they are priced cheap for a reason. As said above, the MOT history says it all and I would avoid it if it were me. As I said, cheap ATR's are priced cheap for a reason, if you want an ATR you have to spend the extra money to get a good one or forget it.

Will most likely have an MOT advisory the list of your arm, people are not stupid, if it was a good one they will be priced higher than 2K easily. No Type-R should be bought below 2K these days if you want a decent one.

Sometimes they list the issues, sometimes they don't, its your job to look through the MOT history and the car thoroughly if you go view it.

I would say yes if there under 2k either the current owner doesn't know what they've got (unlikely) or it will need some wedge spending on it. unless your after a cheap old *****er with a bit of mot left and at least some of the horses it left the factory with. I do keep an eye on the ads for the atr's but nothing seems to comes up under 3.5k that doesn't look a bit risky.
That being said if your looking for a project......

A £1600 ATR is going to be a nail, so no I wouldn't buy it.

I wouldn't pay that much attention to the short time someone has owned one of these cars. Sometimes people don't realise how costly they are to run everyday. The chap who bought mine sold it after 4 months and that was a particularly good late post facelift example.

True, selling a car on quick isn't always a sign of a bad one. But always a cause for suspicion !

I wouldn't be put off by someone who sold a car on quick after but I would do checks on the car, sometimes their circumstances can force them to sell and so on.

Car's still wet from wash in photos. Wet cars always look better. Not saying this car's in bad shape, or that the seller has ulterior motives but I never trust wet car photos as they'll always make the car look better than it is.

And yeah... polly filler in the engine mount...

I reckon this would need a fair bit of work, both mechanically and cosmetically.

Not all going cheaply are sheds, sold mine for £2,100 and she was mint, maintaince was bordering on obsessive, and had a spec list that was outstanding, but needed it gone ASAP.

It really is just a case of waiting for the right car, and as usual, timing is everything.

Nathylad said:
I didn't buy the car in the end. I think I'll get some more money together and then I can be fussy and view a few.
Good stuff, you will find a good ATR once you put in a few more in the bank :)