What's new

Acceleration

I've never tried it myself but a lot of the guys on here including Monksy swore by 2 stroke oil. I would try a bit of that with every tankful of diesel mate.

Good point - although I'll try it the Tranny before the Accord if you don't mind :lol:

I'm just concerned that 2 stroke would make the car smoke even more. Have you seen those little 2 stroke motorbikes? Make more noice than power and smoke like mad.
That's the oly reason I've not really tried that out.
If worst comes to worst I'll give it a try.
I think I good service wll do the car a world of good as it's been almost a year now since it's last one.
That reminds me does anyone have a link t a thread about part numbers for all the filters for a full service? I think I recall seeing it somewhere.
I'll try a sreach also but just incase I cant find it.

Cheers fellas. The feed back has been great and F6HAD you are great. the aftersales service is really good and I can't fault at all.
:)

You might still catch HH's spring deal bud - give them a call tomorrow...

No I think it's something in the 2 stroke that actually reduces smoking on a diesel, but I've never taken the time to look into it myself. I'm sure Monksy or one of the other advocates of it can explain.

You might still catch HH's spring deal bud - give them a call tomorrow...

Hey Dan have you got a number for them at hand?

F6HAD, thanks buddy, I'll see what Monks has to say about it.
It's not as bad as what it was when I first posted the thread up. (Either that, or I've just gotten used to it. haha) But it still smokes when I really plany my foot.

I must say though that the other day I got out of a sticky situation and I can honestly say I'm glad I had that bit of extra OoommmFFFF

One of those should be the puppy :lol:

Remember my car is the same age with twice the miles... the 2 stroke thing is interesting.... I am defo going to try it in the tranny. I know that should have failed its smoke test on the MOT, but Ford injectors haven't got the greatest rep.

How much fun is 3rd gear now? :lol:

Just remember - redline in 4th on UK roads is, well, not legal.... Even if you can still feel the pull. ;)

So I went in a put Diesel Magic system cleaner in a full tank in my car and went for a 60 Mile drive on the motorway gunning it in 3rd and 4th. Smoked like a B&^*ARD, I'm starting to think maybe I should revert back to stock and ask F6HAD to set the car back to factory. :(

Give it a few doses first - you could be clearing out years worth of muck.... It is a diesel after all ;).

I've never tried it myself but a lot of the guys on here including Monksy swore by 2 stroke oil. I would try a bit of that with every tankful of diesel mate.

I used it in my 2003 Vito van, 2005 Ford Focus, 2005 Honda Accord, & even tried it in my phaeton. End results, car is always smoother, not sure about the smoke but definitely feels better and MPG is always up a little bit as well, only good things to say about it!

How's your air filter?

Try to clean the intake port yourself. It's not a difficult job and can make a difference.

Does it smokes on idle too, when you accelerate?

I'm just stressing out as I have a MOT due in a couple of months.
If the smoke is the result of the tune then you aren't going to get rid of it with any additives - there might be a small element of "burning out years of muck" but really the smoke is just the way the engine is burning (or not completely burning) the fuel. There are no "smoke pixies" that you can banish.

The MOT is done at full revs with no load on the engine, so it won't smoke (apparently) and you can check this yourself if you're brave enough to red line it! I'm guessing that the 'no load' part of the map is the same as the stock map anyway as there's no need to do any changes there but Fahad might be able to clarify (I have no idea what they actually change in the re-map)?

Is there anyone else around you with a remap who can compare with? Or otherwise get a video somehow of it smoking? Just so we can find out whether it's the normal remap smoke that we all get or anything more.

You could try ragging it in neutral (after it's warmed up!) to see if it smokes off load.

I quite like seeing the smoke, knowing it's no longer going into my inlet! You must be having a lot more than me to make you think about going back to stock though.

How is the car otherwise? any warning lights, missing, problems?

Also, I keep saying this but try the 2 stroke like everyone is saying. No issues in putting it back to stock, drop me a line to discuss

Two stroke actually emulsifies with the diesel and will give you a cleaner burn.

Hey guys resurrecting a old topic here, just a update, I had the car serviced with all the filters changed, and it seems to have helped in a big way. I still every now and then get a smoke cloud when accelerating hard up a hill especially after sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Which I was told is to be expected.
I am still in love with my car and FAHAD's remap just makes the car a absolute pleasure to drive. No way am I changing it back. :)

I've been trying 2 stroke oil in mine over the last 2 tanks, hasn't made much difference smoke wise, but certainly made everything that little bit smother! (stage 2 egr delete )

Hey Rosser - glad it's better for you. Thanks for updating the thread.

LOL you sound surprised.

I was actually cause I was sure I was going to fail on emissions.
But it did not so I'm happy
Just I case anyone asks yes I recommend the remap.
I just gave my honest accounts on here but those were my personal surcumstances, they might be different for you.
So go a head and do the upgrade.
I still am amazed how awesome the car feels.

Thanks

It's ok mate, i know what you meant and i'm really glad you've always posted honest opinions. People looking into this don't always want to hear just praise, warts 'n all is the only real way to paint a true picture.

We've engineered the EGR OFF a certain way to make sure it's compliant with the MOT tests, that's why I wasn't worried about it.

Cheers