What's new

Impressed with my mpg, what's yours?

Pacman8184

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 cdti sport GT
I drove down to Manchester airport from Newcastle on Friday and got an average of 51.7mpg with two people in and luggage. I run vpower diesel with a standard saloon 2.2 GT

I was impressed with it. What does everyone else get?

Typically get 47-49mpg in my tourer. Driven gently I can get 50+mpg even on my daily commute of 70% smooth 60mph, 30% stop start traffic. I only ever use supermarket diesel. That's measured at the pump each fill up (with a spreadsheet throughout my ownership -I'm a bit retentive like that) as my pre-facelift doesn't have a trip computer.

52 mpg in germany 80-110mph, 60Mpg+ if stick to 70speed limit in uk. Town 39-45mpg short distance start stop

Just done uk-poland-uk all thogether done 3350 miles and got 53mpg from trip computer

Facelift 2.2 sport cdti

no trip computer for me as well, but I've always measured between 39 and 45 mpg

I didn't realise they didn't come with trip Computers on some
Variations. Or was it just the facelift models that did?

Pretty much 42MPG however/wherever I drive.

Don't have a trip computer either, but MPG figures from them are usually falsely high.

Trip computer is facelift I believe. I don't have one. Have to use the old grey matter while driving and resetting the clock at every fill.

Typically around 46mpg which is a combo of motorway and stop-start. Always use v power, best fuel for the Accord, and it pays for itself with the vouchers.

Yeah true, although I don't tend to fill
Up that often! Guna get the remap off fahad to eliminate the hesitation and give a smoother acceleration band and fuel economy etc

Accord 2.4 tourer (04) - avg 31mpg, best 37mpg, worst 24mpg (city)

Only had this one less than a week and it's in need of a service, but 45mpg on the computer so far.
Definitely more economical than my old one.

I reset the 2nd trip on my journey home on Friday and after 100 miles of driving it was showing 70mpg!!
I know this might be a bit optomistic but overall the car is running great and showing appears to be sipping the fuel.
I gave it and oil change and a fresh air filter at the weekend (fuel filter and gearbox oil still to do when I have more time) and on the current tank I have done 350 miles and the computer is showing I can do another 350 before I need to fill up again :)

First tank 47 mpg. A little sad that it wasn't any higher, as it was mostly motorway miles and gentle driving in general. I hope this may improve now it has been serviced and the new clutch is being fitted tomorrow. I did have a mucky fuel filter and sticky rear brake cylinder so it can only get better :)

Wow let me share mine.
With stock 2.2 :
Extra Urban + motorway ( motorway 120 km/h, extra urban 90-110 km/h ) = 63 MPG ( have photo of this record ) :D
Normal motorway ( 140-160 km/h , extra urban 120-140 km ) = 54 MPG
Normal urban driving - 50 mpg
After watching fast & furious :D - 38 mpg

:D :D
The car can be very economy one if you drive it below 2k, but I don't know how "good" that is for the turbo and the CR system

Cheers

I know my tourer is no Ferrari but it has got more poke than my previous car and its nice to have some power again. On the negative side, I've gone from 610 miles to a tank, down to less than 600 predicted by the display. I've been enjoying the gas pedal too much :)

We've just done a trip from London to Poland, approx 900 miles. Once we got out of London we drove at approx 100mph the entire way...ocassionally hitting 120... I was pretty happy with our 47.5mpg

Yesterday a counted. 31mpg 2.2 i-ctdi tourer. 250miles city 200miles motorway. 450miles with one full tank. Something wrong? :-/

Heavy right foot? If I don't get between 600 and 650 miles from a full tank then something is wrong. The furthest ive had is 712. Never sat down and worked out my MPG but I think its quite reasonable for a 10 year old motor.

That sounds about right. I only get 450 miles per tank on average, 2.2cdti saloon ex, 05. My mate has facelift and gets 600 but always on an economy drive. I'm driving 600 miles the weekend, all motorway, I'll post my results after.

Generally around 50 for me though 40-45 on motorway. A mate of mine gets 85 driving carefully in his Skoda Octavia diesel so that's what I'm getting next.

550 miles town and countryside road, very tame driving. Are there any suggestions as to how one might improve this figure?

I had a full service but the plugs were not changed. Could this be a factor?

ericuk said:
550 miles town and countryside road, very tame driving. Are there any suggestions as to how one might improve this figure?

I had a full service but the plugs were not changed. Could this be a factor?
Possibly, although the diesel doesn't have plugs, so you may have found the economy worse if the service agent had tried to fit them.