What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

Been youtubing CL9 Reflash acceleration vids, and I love that naughty raspy noise between 7k-7.6k, I've always said Honda make the best sounding 4Cyl engines even the 2L Accord sounds nice when going for it.

I watched an acceleration vid of an Evo X and for something that's a bit of a beast, it just sounded like a henry hoover.

Would this reflash be suitable on a 2.4 that has done 170000 with full service history?

Richardwellsy said:
Would this reflash be suitable on a 2.4 that has done 170000 with full service history?
i flashed those with 300+ k on odo and it works just perfect. with proper maintenance that k24 can do 500k no doubt.

F**K it as son as i get back from holiday and have the money i'm doing it!

Is there any chance of it getting wiped off if it had to go to the dealer or through servicing or whatever?

Can they do it with the HDS or OBD? What's the best way to check your car after you get it back? I mean, will the rev limiter or vtec crossover be back to stock settings?

Stevearcade said:
Can they do it with the HDS or OBD? What's the best way to check your car after you get it back? I mean, will the rev limiter or vtec crossover be back to stock settings?
It happens when some super proactive dood will try to update your ECU firmware when you drop the car for service or some other checks. Its not in Honda policy to

update it through stealerships for no reason but some arses represent it like customer came with some problem and we solved it with update, give us some money

for that. Its really rare situation but it happened couple times. Never seen that happened to my CL9 customers in Europe ( US and exUSSR ony ) , some CU2 guys

been affected, their initial SW been full of glitches and been updated on like daily basis.

Yes , your car will become slug again and you will notice that immediately. Everything is back to stock, revs , stupid vtec and so on.

You can prevent that by warning em to not even try to touch your ECU or just cut write enable wire in your OBD plug and they will not be able to overwrite it. Pin number

12 in the plug , thin one, red\white color. Its only purpose is to send signal to ECU to go into download mode. Once cut they will not be able to flash it.

Hello fellow TypeAccord users. I wanted to take a minute to share a review and pass my gratitude to @littlebo and @ukcl9 for the recent reflash of my ECU and continued support.

Firstly, some context. A couple of years ago I purchased Alnugs old car which I was overjoyed with. Generally stock with some choice modifications and very well looked after. One feature I liked was the XO Tuning remap... until I drove it hard for the first time. Very quickly I identified engine ping at high rpm and for various reasons, including work commitment, finances and having another daily driver, this was left as an irritating issue preventing me from driving hard. In essence, limiting myself to 4000rmp. No VTEC :-(

I posted recently about rdx injectors misfiring which I had purchased as a replacement to stock as one of several methods to mitigate my engine running lean. What I very quickly identified was that the map on the car was causing me these issues and with the support from @ukcl9 I can confirm that these problems no longer exist.

The reflash: in the space of a week, I had tried the test ecu and had my own Re flashed. All thanks to Frazer and his speedy response, guidance and excellent communication. I cannot thank you enough, sir.

The difference is incredible. I now have vtec, no pinging and importantly, the car feels completely different. Low gears are smooth with no jerking moving off and the DBW lag is barely noticeable. At high rpm, the car just pulls and doesn't seem to stop. I have not yet been on suitable roads for the opportunity to redline but driving a car is enjoyable once again.

Starting the car, for me, is also far more reliable with a steady idle and less coughing to begin with. I think this is more the previous map causing issues but a difference for me nonetheless.

For the price, I cannot recommend this reflash enough. It has breathed new life into the accord and I am regretting not doing this year's ago when I first came across this thread.

This is my experience and no I don't have dyno results etc to back anything up. For me that is not important currently. My car car is transformed and despite the exhaust, intake, suspension, brakes and everything else I have changed, I have @ukcl9 to thank for stepping in and showing me the light.

Highly recommended for overall driveability and noticeable performance gains.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I mentioned in your other thread (with a link back to Alnug's May 2010 thread) , I'm a bit confused as to how Alnug had the car for 4 years but never noticed any issues.

He must have never went over 4000 revs [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

We were a bit of short on time to read out what was in that ECU and look into but im 99% sure it was so called reflash by piasini. Digging in maps and logs of some of their "tunes" for

other cars i made a conclusion that they dont even bother to tune real car to find the limits of engine and tune it properly and leave any safety margin, with logging,

dyno, real road and so on, they just add some here and tweak some there in the incoming binary from slave user hoping it should work just fine. Its not the first car i fix

after that kind of "tuning" approach, guys in Romania, Poland, UA , RU , all had detonation

problems even with 98RON fuel. Ignition is blindly overadvanced and knock control retarding abilities are limited. One of my friends told me the story when he decided to

attend their tuning seminar and confirmed my guessing of their tuning methods. Literally it was like hey guys, lets open this calibration . See this map ? It looks like fuel

map, we add 5% to it. See this map ? It must be a boost one , we add 10% here and so on. You can see what kind of bulls**** they push to ppl by checking their

website and chiptuning car database. I was like WTF ??? when i saw k20 vegetable making 14hp and 21nm of gains in their statement while max it can

do +2-3hp and 3-4nm of top power. Same for k24, no way it can do 17hp and 23nm with their s****ty tune where they claim it. Its lie. I wasnt able to find any dyno proof

of that. And some ppl dont recognize detonation, they dont know about it and think its normal sound...

littlebo said:
We were a bit of short on time to read out what was in that ECU and look into but im 99% sure it was so called reflash by piasini. Digging in maps and logs of some of their "tunes" for

other cars i made a conclusion that they dont even bother to tune real car to find the limits of engine and tune it properly and leave any safety margin, with logging,

dyno, real road and so on, they just add some here and tweak some there in the incoming binary from slave user hoping it should work just fine. Its not the first car i fix

after that kind of "tuning" approach, guys in Romania, Poland, UA , RU , all had detonation

problems even with 98RON fuel. Ignition is blindly overadvanced and knock control retarding abilities are limited. One of my friends told me the story when he decided to

attend their tuning seminar and confirmed my guessing of their tuning methods. Literally it was like hey guys, lets open this calibration . See this map ? It looks like fuel

map, we add 5% to it. See this map ? It must be a boost one , we add 10% here and so on. You can see what kind of bulls**** they push to ppl by checking their

website and chiptuning car database. I was like WTF ??? when i saw k20 vegetable making 14hp and 21nm of gains in their statement while max it can

do +2-3hp and 3-4nm of top power. Same for k24, no way it can do 17hp and 23nm with their s****ty tune where they claim it. Its lie. I wasnt able to find any dyno proof

of that. And some ppl dont recognize detonation, they dont know about it and think its normal sound...
I do find this believable (I'm not being sarcastic btw).

The only issue though, is that many people here on TA had the work done at XO and we never got bad feedback about XO on TA. Plus, Alnug had the car for 4 years and never mentioned these issues here on TA.

But as I say, that does seem like a reasonable explanation, although having said that, my understanding of your map is that it originates in thew USA.

My rationale would be that the map was too close to tolerances, and something else has gone out of tolerance, and "your" map can take care of wider changes in tolerances.

The best way to kno for sure is to see more ppl with that same flash come here and let us know how it goes.

littlebo said:
The best way to kno for sure is to see more ppl with that same flash come here and let us know how it goes.
at least 5 cars on TA had it done at XO between 5 to 7 years ago, last reports they were all running fine, probably all been sold on by now and wrecked by later owners not checking VCs , irregular oil changes, weakened chain tensioners, using supermarket fuel, etc, etc

I think the point of hearing the detonation is a good one by @littlebo. It took quite a bit of investigating for me to identify so may have been missed. For me, the time between Alnug doing a dyno and selling up was pretty short.. maybe this was why?

No more thread hijacking now - I can only speak for my experience and what I do know for sure is that this map is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

zav13r said:
I think the point of hearing the detonation is a good one by @littlebo. It took quite a bit of investigating for me to identify so may have been missed. For me, the time between Alnug doing a dyno and selling up was pretty short.. maybe this was why?
no, something has changed, all engines change over time, probably the long term trims needed resetting
note that Alnug and several others thought that the XO map was fantastic with no issues and, in particular, Alnug had it done 4 years before you bought the car off him

My review of the Littlebro reflash for my 55 plate 2.4 ex auto:

I've had my car reflashed for a few days now and here are my thoughts. Firstly, I've been really impressed with Sergey and Fraser, they couldn't have been more helpful.

The 1-1 throttle response is noticable, now much sharper and predictable. In standard auto mode, the car feels a bit livelier but not hugely different and it still red lines the same as before. In tiptronic mode however, its a big improvement.With the lower vtec band, the car pulls like a train for ages.

I had a bit of a B road blast the other evening, and I had a huge grin on my face. It's well worth doing, although I'm reliably informed that you need to upgrade the manifold to get the best out of it. This will be my next modification.

Toblerone said:
My review of the Littlebro reflash for my 55 plate 2.4 ex auto:
I've had my car reflashed for a few days now and here are my thoughts. Firstly, I've been really impressed with Sergey and Fraser, they couldn't have been more helpful.
The 1-1 throttle response is noticable, now much sharper and predictable. In standard auto mode, the car feels a bit livelier but not hugely different and it still red lines the same as before. In tiptronic mode however, its a big improvement.With the lower vtec band, the car pulls like a train for ages.
I had a bit of a B road blast the other evening, and I had a huge grin on my face. It's well worth doing, although I'm reliably informed that you need to upgrade the manifold to get the best out of it. This will be my next modification.

A question about the reflash in the auto auto accord. so when you have it in standard mode does the vtec not kick in early and is the no change in it at all unless you put it into tiptronic mode?

littlebo said:
Its advanced or executive-e trim, those are extremely rare ( even mighty google knows very few about em ) and they are also different for LHD and RHD. Ive seen and flashed like 4 or 5 of those with MT but never with AT. It comes with radar ***isted adaptive cruise control and LKAS ( lane keep ***ist ) systems. Once we have unsupported ECU i need to extract original firmware and incorporate tuned calibration in it. It takes time. So nothing is impossible here.

littlebo said:
Its advanced or executive-e trim, those are extremely rare ( even mighty google knows very few about em ) and they are also different for LHD and RHD. Ive seen and flashed like 4 or 5 of those with MT but never with AT. It comes with radar ***isted adaptive cruise control and LKAS ( lane keep ***ist ) systems. Once we have unsupported ECU i need to extract original firmware and incorporate tuned calibration in it. It takes time. So nothing is impossible here.
littlebo said:

Hi there Sergey im not sure if your remember me but I was in touch about a year ago and tried to get my ecu reflashed but use were unable to. was hoping it could be done now. my car is a 2006 2.4 auto excutive E. it has adaptive cruise control and lane ***ist ect. hope to hear from you soon

Hey I'm sorry littlebo, but my maps and reflashes are without detonation, tuned on real road and on dyno, and proven by dyno runs.
So I felt miffed of taking everyone in one bag... from Poland of course...
I understand that there is a lot of "tuners", In diesel business too, but sometimes, some people know what they are doing ;)