What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

dynacord

Members
Reaction score
Car
type s, 205mi16
Well, not sure if I've seen a long-term review in this thread, so I can give a quick one. I've done Sergey's reflash more than three years ago (~40 000km) and had no issues with the engine, MPG or the car in whole. The only issue I had with was a broken driveshaft, but it was so badly rusted, it was going to break anyway. Everything else is regular maintenance (oil, fluids, etc.). Actually, 95% of this mileage is done on LPG which has also been slightly tuned to match the increased torque.

I am very satisfied that I've done this only several months after I bought the car, since it made driving the car much much easier. Especially, when it's loaded with people and luggage I don't need to change from 6th to 3rd or even 2nd gear to overtake. I also have upgraded the gearbox from Civic EP3 and this made it a pretty fast station wagon (even faster than some turbo german cars).

Still, even without the gearbox upgrade, the car feels much easier to drive, as you don't have to rev it up so much just to keep the speed on an uphill, for example.

The advice which I can give to people who are still considering whether to do it or not - if you're planning to keep the car for a long time - do it. It won't make the car a rocketship and will not do amazing 0-60 times, but the difference it makes to driving the car (especially when loaded) is night and day.

Mine is 2003 Accord tourer 2.4 type s, 250 000km.

cheers,
Alex

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
I'll echo this (aside from the lpg stuff as I'm stock fuel system). I've done over 50k miles since having it done. An old drive shaft snapped due to corrosion. Replaced both shafts with uprated "Insane Shafts" to be on the safe side, as I'm also lowered which can place strain on the drive shafts. But the map's great. Highly recommend it.

littlebo

Premier Tuning Affiliated
Reaction score
Car
CL9
krisdee said:
Do you guys have a reflash for FN2, any dyno graphs?
Sorry i lost many dynos with laptop change, you can look for fn2 group n reflash graphs , its same thing.

krisdee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 2004
Sergei do you recommend any intake mods or the stock setup is good enough?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

littlebo

Reaction score
Car
CL9
krisdee said:
Sergei do you recommend any intake mods or the stock setup is good enough?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Well designed and made intake will be better than stock one )

DC5Rmike said:
Can a jdm k24a motor be refashed?

Found in a cm2 typeS auto. Thinking of importing one
Sure, go grab some JDM goodness !!

DC5Rmike

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9-S TE37
littlebo said:
same engine - same calibration . if you mean 200hp jdm k24a
Yep thats the motor

Do you still get a 1:1 throttle response with the automatic gearbox?

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
Is there a guide how to swap out the ECU in a CU2? And how much am I looking for the reflash? I've had enough time to enjoy my car how it is now stock but if there's some easy performance to extract then i want it and i'm starting to save up for it.

littlebo

Reaction score
Car
CL9
DC5Rmike said:
Yep thats the motor

Do you still get a 1:1 throttle response with the automatic gearbox?
Ouch, somehow i didnt receive any notifications for this thread, sorry, ill check subscription options.

Yes , you still has it but due to nature of torque converter, its still has dampened non-direct feeling.

littlebo

Reaction score
Car
CL9
Uncle_Gravy said:
Is there a guide how to swap out the ECU in a CU2? And how much am I looking for the reflash? I've had enough time to enjoy my car how it is now stock but if there's some easy performance to extract then i want it and i'm starting to save up for it.
I have a solution to flash ECU in your car. Please stand by.

cl9special

Reaction score
Car
Cl9
Hello,I bought a nice 2008 type S cl9 recently and I will be doing the usual mods step by step including the reflash.
I was wondering in what order should I do them - reflash, header +testpipe, exaust, k20 clutch and oem light flywheel, throttle body + gaskets for IM. I already have the K&N box filter, I do not plan to change the gear ratios at the moment.
I understand most mods are bolt on, how about the trottle body, does it need additional tune, will it work with the reflash and what tb should I get ?

Thanks and best regards.

littlebo

Reaction score
Car
CL9
cl9special said:
Hello,I bought a nice 2008 type S cl9 recently and I will be doing the usual mods step by step including the reflash.
I was wondering in what order should I do them - reflash, header +testpipe, exaust, k20 clutch and oem light flywheel, throttle body + gaskets for IM. I already have the K&N box filter, I do not plan to change the gear ratios at the moment.
I understand most mods are bolt on, how about the trottle body, does it need additional tune, will it work with the reflash and what tb should I get ?

Thanks and best regards.
Just fyi exhaust and tb arent power mods, catback is a noise mod and tb is sort of throttle respond mod. k20 clutch + fw is a good thing but i see no reason to change it if yours are in a good working condition, you wont benefit a lot in terms of power and that kit and labor isnt cheap. reflash is the first bang for buck and header is number 2, i can build you nice one , comes as kit with resonated test pipe. tb doesnt need any special tuning, it will need manifolt inlet mod and some custom gasket to cover the hole. Or grab tsx 06 + manifold + tb to make it bolt on.

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
littlebo said:
Just fyi exhaust and tb arent power mods, catback is a noise mod and tb is sort of throttle respond mod. k20 clutch + fw is a good thing but i see no reason to change it if yours are in a good working condition, you wont benefit a lot in terms of power and that kit and labor isnt cheap. reflash is the first bang for buck and header is number 2, i can build you nice one , comes as kit with resonated test pipe. tb doesnt need any special tuning, it will need manifolt inlet mod and some custom gasket to cover the hole. Or grab tsx 06 + manifold + tb to make it bolt on.
well said totally agree

ukcl9

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7 Euro R
k24 reflash now only £210 including return postage
test ecu available
find us on facebook k24reflasher