What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

Well, not sure if I've seen a long-term review in this thread, so I can give a quick one. I've done Sergey's reflash more than three years ago (~40 000km) and had no issues with the engine, MPG or the car in whole. The only issue I had with was a broken driveshaft, but it was so badly rusted, it was going to break anyway. Everything else is regular maintenance (oil, fluids, etc.). Actually, 95% of this mileage is done on LPG which has also been slightly tuned to match the increased torque.

I am very satisfied that I've done this only several months after I bought the car, since it made driving the car much much easier. Especially, when it's loaded with people and luggage I don't need to change from 6th to 3rd or even 2nd gear to overtake. I also have upgraded the gearbox from Civic EP3 and this made it a pretty fast station wagon (even faster than some turbo german cars).

Still, even without the gearbox upgrade, the car feels much easier to drive, as you don't have to rev it up so much just to keep the speed on an uphill, for example.

The advice which I can give to people who are still considering whether to do it or not - if you're planning to keep the car for a long time - do it. It won't make the car a rocketship and will not do amazing 0-60 times, but the difference it makes to driving the car (especially when loaded) is night and day.

Mine is 2003 Accord tourer 2.4 type s, 250 000km.

cheers,
Alex

I'll echo this (aside from the lpg stuff as I'm stock fuel system). I've done over 50k miles since having it done. An old drive shaft snapped due to corrosion. Replaced both shafts with uprated "Insane Shafts" to be on the safe side, as I'm also lowered which can place strain on the drive shafts. But the map's great. Highly recommend it.

krisdee said:
Do you guys have a reflash for FN2, any dyno graphs?
Sorry i lost many dynos with laptop change, you can look for fn2 group n reflash graphs , its same thing.

Sergei do you recommend any intake mods or the stock setup is good enough?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Can a jdm k24a motor be refashed?

Found in a cm2 typeS auto. Thinking of importing one

krisdee said:
Sergei do you recommend any intake mods or the stock setup is good enough?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Well designed and made intake will be better than stock one )

DC5Rmike said:
Can a jdm k24a motor be refashed?

Found in a cm2 typeS auto. Thinking of importing one
Sure, go grab some JDM goodness !!

DC5Rmike said:
i ***ume a test ecu is not availabe?
nope. and i dont think it may ever happen with that amount of interest lol.

DC5Rmike said:
Will a reflashed k24a have the same map as a k24a3?
same engine - same calibration . if you mean 200hp jdm k24a

littlebo said:
same engine - same calibration . if you mean 200hp jdm k24a
Yep thats the motor

Do you still get a 1:1 throttle response with the automatic gearbox?

Is there a guide how to swap out the ECU in a CU2? And how much am I looking for the reflash? I've had enough time to enjoy my car how it is now stock but if there's some easy performance to extract then i want it and i'm starting to save up for it.

DC5Rmike said:
Yep thats the motor

Do you still get a 1:1 throttle response with the automatic gearbox?
Ouch, somehow i didnt receive any notifications for this thread, sorry, ill check subscription options.

Yes , you still has it but due to nature of torque converter, its still has dampened non-direct feeling.

Uncle_Gravy said:
Is there a guide how to swap out the ECU in a CU2? And how much am I looking for the reflash? I've had enough time to enjoy my car how it is now stock but if there's some easy performance to extract then i want it and i'm starting to save up for it.
I have a solution to flash ECU in your car. Please stand by.

Hello,I bought a nice 2008 type S cl9 recently and I will be doing the usual mods step by step including the reflash.
I was wondering in what order should I do them - reflash, header +testpipe, exaust, k20 clutch and oem light flywheel, throttle body + gaskets for IM. I already have the K&N box filter, I do not plan to change the gear ratios at the moment.
I understand most mods are bolt on, how about the trottle body, does it need additional tune, will it work with the reflash and what tb should I get ?

Thanks and best regards.

cl9special said:
Hello,I bought a nice 2008 type S cl9 recently and I will be doing the usual mods step by step including the reflash.
I was wondering in what order should I do them - reflash, header +testpipe, exaust, k20 clutch and oem light flywheel, throttle body + gaskets for IM. I already have the K&N box filter, I do not plan to change the gear ratios at the moment.
I understand most mods are bolt on, how about the trottle body, does it need additional tune, will it work with the reflash and what tb should I get ?

Thanks and best regards.
Just fyi exhaust and tb arent power mods, catback is a noise mod and tb is sort of throttle respond mod. k20 clutch + fw is a good thing but i see no reason to change it if yours are in a good working condition, you wont benefit a lot in terms of power and that kit and labor isnt cheap. reflash is the first bang for buck and header is number 2, i can build you nice one , comes as kit with resonated test pipe. tb doesnt need any special tuning, it will need manifolt inlet mod and some custom gasket to cover the hole. Or grab tsx 06 + manifold + tb to make it bolt on.

littlebo said:
Just fyi exhaust and tb arent power mods, catback is a noise mod and tb is sort of throttle respond mod. k20 clutch + fw is a good thing but i see no reason to change it if yours are in a good working condition, you wont benefit a lot in terms of power and that kit and labor isnt cheap. reflash is the first bang for buck and header is number 2, i can build you nice one , comes as kit with resonated test pipe. tb doesnt need any special tuning, it will need manifolt inlet mod and some custom gasket to cover the hole. Or grab tsx 06 + manifold + tb to make it bolt on.
well said totally agree

how long will this promo be running :) :wacko:

whats involved in replacing this with stock ecu?
is it as simple as just unplug the stock and plug the reflash ecu or do you've get your keys and stuff reconfigured?
asking as my CL9 have all the bells and whistles(including ADAS), so just wondering will that get affected or not

whats involved in replacing this with stock ecu?
is it as simple as just unplug the stock and plug the reflash ecu or do you've get your keys and stuff reconfigured?
asking as my CL9 have all the bells and whistles(including ADAS), so just wondering will that get affected or not

i need your ecu in my hand to reflash it, as yours is very rare

everything will work as normal

Got my ECU flashed back in January, covered about 2000 miles since then. I wanted to really test it out the reflash first so that's why I'm leaving my review now.

Thanks to F6HAD for giving me Frazers number and thanks to Frazer was doing the reflash.

Frazer was very helpful and fast. I decided to just send my ECU because I had some time off work. Sent it on Monday, got it back on Thursday.
Would've received it on Wednesday if Royal Mail delivered mine on time but anyway got it back and fitted it.

I couldn't really test out the car properly because of the bad weather but the past few weeks, weather has been pretty good in Glasgow :D

So I've got to say what a difference!
Car is so much better to drive and the VTEC at 4600rpm is fantastic! Its just too much fun now!
I'm finding it very hard to control my right foot lol:cool:

6th gear is finally useful, before it was terrible, constantly having to drop down a gear when there was an incline. Now I can even keep it in 6th at 50mph.

The pull in 3rd and 4th gear is brilliant, I'm hitting 120mph with ease. Highest speed I've got to was just over 130mph and that was uphill too.

1st gear pull is so much better too especially at the traffic lights, Probably got to change my clutch soon lol

Town driving is more smooth and easier than before.

Can't say I've noticed any MPG improvement but that's because of my driving! I'm getting about 29mpg when I'm having fun. But I do think I might be able to get a few more miles on a tank if I just drove normally.

I would say first get a good set of tyres and brakes before you start any other mods. Makes a huge difference.
If you are planning to keep your car for a while then this Reflash is best thing to do for the car.

Next I will probably get Exhaust manifold.

After the exhaust manifold is done I will most likely get a dyno test done. Then I'll post it here.

If you see a 55 plate grey Accord hammering it on the motorway around Glasgow, it'll be me haha;)

Last edited:
Hi guys I am interested in Reflashing my Accord , do you know if there is someone who still does it ?