What's new

My beloved Accord was hit.

ride_to_die

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-cdti
Just thought I'd share how my Accord i-ctdi exec has met its end. The car was parked, my mrs had the rear door open and was putting my youngest in her car seat. Some women in a Zafira somehow didn't see the open door and drove into it. My door went over its hinges damaging the front door. Rear door now doesn't open or close properly. Had to slam it shut. Rear door is creased and paint is missing. Front door is slightly dented and also has paint missing. The women wasn't apologetic in the slightest. There were plenty of witnesses though.

I've had the car for just over 5 1/2 years. I detail her fully every year. She has a full service history. Both the previous owner and I have kept pretty much every receipt and invoice throughout her life. I was planning on keeping it for at least another 2 years if not more.

Admiral insurance have ***esed the car and deemed it a write off. They haven't made me an offer on the car yet.

Sorry for the long post but just a bit gutted.

Mate forget the car, just be thankful your family is ok. Sounds horrible, and I'm not sure how understanding I would've been with the other woman if she took that attitude.

Sorry to hear that, but that should be repairable, just source some doors from salvage cars, couple of hundred pounds.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have thought about buying the car back and getting it repaired depending on how much Admiral ask for it. Mrs was pretty shook up, the women could easily have hit my mrs which doesn't bear thinking about.

Thats bad patter but at least the family is ok. As much of a shame as it is the vehicle can always be replaced.

Man, get that damaged parts repair or replaced, find breaker at partsgateway.com, good for your family member didn't get hurt..

Admiral haven't got back to me yet. I've taken it to their approved garage which didn't fill me with confidence at all. The ***essor was patronising and downright rude. I then took it to my local bodyshop which is Honda approved. Their quote would deem the car a write off. Admiral obviously want me to use their bodyshop but I'm not confident in their work, Admiral were going to speak to my preferred bodyshop and then get back to me by today.

So Admiral have rang me back. They have authorised the Honda approved body shop to sort the car so great success! I'll stick some before and after pics up when I get a chance. Thanks for all the advice guys. Hopefully the car will be restored to its former glory and give me a few more years of relliable service.

Pleased to hear its going to get sorted.

Great that no one was hurt, great that you're able to get it repaired.

Glad to hear you got a result there, but thanks god your missus never suffered anything , just doesn't bare thinking about mate, all the best in getting the car sorted.
Cheers Pete

Good to hear no one hurt, also good result having it repaired as i know how you feel when told its written off had mine wrecked & written off in January after 5 years of ownership.

Sorry to hear about the car, glad no-one was injured and I'm happy that they are repairing the car for you. Hopefully all goes well