What's new

Petrol mpg

Indeed, but as Jon says, all posted by Eric. Also, it's soon to be made law that you must lower your Accord and lower it on coil overs :lol: . Lowering springs won't cut it. Isn't that right Eric :p .

indeed, and don't think about cutting springs, i know money is tight etc... :p , im sick of all these posts about how many miles people get, i get 13,000 miles on my full fill up.

on a lighter note, i can confirm that economy is pants on my car as I am in Ireland now and blessed with roads Cambodia would be proud of, that with stop start short-ish journeys. Everything that this majestic car doesn't like....hurrrrrrrrrr!

I have had my 2.4L 2004 Accord Manual Estate 3 days now... Had to go up North to see family due to an emergency... I did get to drive my Honda for the whole tank say at 70mph...

I got 450 miles to the tank which I reckon is about 37mpg from my manual calculation - if not more as I could only calculate it off what I put into the car to fill it up. I filled up as soon as the light came on... well within 5 miles of the light coming on.

I was well impressed... My previous Saab estate Diesel only managed 100 miles more a tank and was slightly more expensive to fill up...

I get it will change and go down as I did pretty much no town driving this tank of fuel...

^ Yep! I've managed this with mixed motorway, A road and some town. When it wants to, it can be an economical petrol. However, you have to resist the urge to boot it. I seem to be doing that a lot of late and am averaging between 350-375 a tank.

Before the reflash I was doing about 350 mile to the 60Ltr tank

now I'm doing about 373 ish, which is a slight improvement.

I just filled up and got 21mpg from my auto doing 85% town driving, which is reasonable I think. That was 263 miles to 57 litres.

-Rich- said:
I just filled up and got 21mpg from my auto doing 85% town driving, which is reasonable I think. That was 263 miles to 57 litres.
That's madness. With my town driving i always get approx 400miles from 55 liters! 2.0 auto

I do alot of stop/start driving and work is only 5 miles away, I wasn't expecting much more for town driving. I've not even hit 400 miles with just motorway driving so not sure how you managed that, I don't think there is much difference between the 2L and 2.4L.

leighmcgough said:
I dont think I could live with only 260 out of a tank...
You ain't gonna get much better driving a 2.4 auto around town ;) I was getting slightly more out of my 1.8 Corolla, which was a manual. I have winter tyres on as well, which will knock a few mpg off. It should improve in the warmer months.

would rather get 270miles on a full tank with a 2.4 accord than slightly better on a corolla any day of the week/year/month/decade.

cant beat the vtec also to pass out a pack of useless drivers tailing behind a 40mph sunday driver/tractor/truck. (which happens a lot in Ireland)

The Corolla I had was the T Sport version, redlined at 8200 rpm and it was a beast, very fast and took alot of people by surprise! It just wasn't big enough for when we go away though, plus the missus hated sitting in it and when on the motorway the rpms were at 4k when doing 70mph so was abit noisey. I may have lost some power with the Accord but it's a much more refined motor :)

-Rich- said:
The Corolla I had was the T Sport version, redlined at 8200 rpm and it was a beast, very fast and took alot of people by surprise! It just wasn't big enough for when we go away though, plus the missus hated sitting in it and when on the motorway the rpms were at 4k when doing 70mph so was abit noisey. I may have lost some power with the Accord but it's a much more refined motor :)
They both have 190bhp, but was the corolla a lot faster then the Accord?

doubt the corolla can do 140mph+, the accord would be far better as a long driver car too i am pretty sure.

hmm, i see it is about the same but the accord would be much nicer on long runs i would think.

Nasty1984 said:
They both have 190bhp, but was the corolla a lot faster then the Accord?
0-60 time was rapid, easily 6 seconds, some have done less at Santa Pod, it depends if you get the gear change spot on. They have the same bhp but the Corolla weighs 1/3 less than the Accord so the advantage is in the weight loss. Most of the power was after 6200 rpm so you had to rev the nuts off it to make it shift so not really a relaxing car to drive!

I was amazed that there is only around 3 mpg difference between the 2 cars when driving around town and it's the same on a long run, especially as my Accord is an auto. But then the Corolla is a highly tuned sports car so not really a fair comparison, it's on a par with the CTR.

I have a 2.4 auto also and my 100% town driving gets me 220-260 from 52-55L fills

quince

Ive got sub 300 miles on a tank too city driving but tbh its not the end of the world and i don't see grim reapers at every bend i take snarling and sniggering at me.

maybe that's just Jon_G :p

So it seems that my 2.0 auto Tourer doesn't have a hole in the petrol tank they just have really poor economy. Looks like I might have to consider an LPG conversion then. I thought mid 20s MPG was poor but it seems fairly normal for a 2.0 auto.

I get 230 miles from 28 pounds worth of LPG (40 litres) I have a 2.4 manual - I don't drive with a mind to be economical. I have done 20k since the the LPG conversion so I think I have recouped the 1k It cost me. It would have cost a grand extra to buy a diesel version of my accord exec anyway.

Plasma said:
Just filled up my 2.4 type S Tourer - 390 miles.
What kind of driving is this and I ***ume manual?

I think I'm on 230 miles so far with 1/4 tank left but that will drop rapidly and I have done nothing but town driving. I've got my summer tyres back on now and with the weather getting warmer I'd expect this to increase slightly as well.

nas80 said:
I get 230 miles from 28 pounds worth of LPG (40 litres) I have a 2.4 manual - I don't drive with a mind to be economical. I have done 20k since the the LPG conversion so I think I have recouped the 1k It cost me. It would have cost a grand extra to buy a diesel version of my accord exec anyway.
What is your annual mileage? I do 3-5k miles so going LPG isn't worth it but I might consider it if I ever have to commute further than I do. I really love the Accord and I've spent a few £££ servicing it and replacing a few parts, including the new exhaust I've just ordered so want to keep it as long as possible.

I do 8k to 10k a year - my car has 101k in total on it which is average. My plan was to keep this car for 3 years I have had it a year and a half so far and its never let me down. cant tell any difference between when its running on different fuels.

Some people are like - but it costs a grand, however when you are done with the car you can ask a higher price for having LPG so you don't really lose much of what you spent on getting it converted.

I would really be hating my Honda if I had to pay 1.30 or whatever it costs and only get 25-27mpg - may as well run a v8.

What kind of driving is this and I ***ume manual?

Yes, manual. 30 miles daily commute - country driving to and from work.

I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted last month and the car is running smoothly and notice 3-4 mpg improvement. I reckon I'm getting 34-35 which I'm very happy with.

I've found my MPG has increased since I had a dodgy tyre fixed that kept losing pressure (was actually the wheels fault). I now get 360 miles easy from a tank, 2.4 manual with a mix of town and country roads.

At the other end of the spectrum, I took it on a track day last year and guzzled 75% of the tank in 66 miles :lol: