What's new

Petrol mpg

Plasma said:
What kind of driving is this and I ***ume manual?

Yes, manual. 30 miles daily commute - country driving to and from work.

I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted last month and the car is running smoothly and notice 3-4 mpg improvement. I reckon I'm getting 34-35 which I'm very happy with.

I drive my car sensibly generally but at least a few times on every journey I need to take my car into vtec.

nas80 said:
I would really be hating my Honda if I had to pay 1.30 or whatever it costs and only get 25-27mpg - may as well run a v8.
It would cost alot more than a few mpg difference running a V8 - you have more insurance, more tax (if post 2001), more expensive parts and they'll probably go wrong more as well.

I just filled up at the weekend and got 21 mpg from 95% town driving, on a long run I get 30 mpg. There is no point me buying a diesel with the mileage I do, I would kill it and had them for years prior to the Accord, I prefer petrol.

I think people get too hung up on mpg IMO, they go out and spend £10k on an eco car but could just stick to a large engined petrol that costs £2k and spend the difference on fuel.

Plasma said:
What kind of driving is this and I ***ume manual?

Yes, manual. 30 miles daily commute - country driving to and from work.

I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted last month and the car is running smoothly and notice 3-4 mpg improvement. I reckon I'm getting 34-35 which I'm very happy with.
Are you sure, that would be around 450 miles to a tank based on filling up with 60L (65L tank).

I did want a stainless exhaust but have had to settle for a replacement standard one. Once that is on I should see an increase as well cos the current one is blowing.

Osiris said:
At the other end of the spectrum, I took it on a track day last year and guzzled 75% of the tank in 66 miles :lol:
:lol: I am tempted to take mine on a track to see what it can do but being an auto I would probably get even less than that!

nas80 said:
I get 230 miles from 28 pounds worth of LPG (40 litres) I have a 2.4 manual - I don't drive with a mind to be economical. I have done 20k since the the LPG conversion so I think I have recouped the 1k It cost me. It would have cost a grand extra to buy a diesel version of my accord exec anyway.
Broadly speaking that's the same figures as I get, I've got the 2.0 though :( :(

You guys have got me thinking now! :lol: Anyone got a thread on their LPG installation or are there any others, I can't find much?

If LPG would save me approx £40 a tank then it should pay for itself in around 3 years, depending on the cost of installing. I'm planning on keeping this car a good few years so I might as well look into it.

-Rich- said:
:lol: I am tempted to take mine on a track to see what it can do but being an auto I would probably get even less than that!
It was a great day and actually put me onto this forum in the first place, not for the economically minded in any way but I would recommend it to anyone. I had probably one of the slowest cars there in terms of pure power but it fun.

-Rich- said:
You guys have got me thinking now! :lol: Anyone got a thread on their LPG installation or are there any others, I can't find much?

If LPG would save me approx £40 a tank then it should pay for itself in around 3 years, depending on the cost of installing. I'm planning on keeping this car a good few years so I might as well look into it.
I do 10k a year and now I have had my Honda for 1.5 years I am saving cash and besides when I go to sell my Honda itll be worth more for the lpg conversion so you can factor that in as well as "getting your money back"

these guys in leeds are cheap.

http://www.leedslpg.co.uk/?gclid=CO7_u-jarb0CFdShtAodiWoAkA

I saw a couple of LPG Accords when I was looking for mine and TBH they were around the same price so I'm not so sure it does increase the value of the car that much. It does seem the cost of installing it has come down so I might consider it in the future if the car is definitely going to be a keeper.

Well maybe they had galactic miles on them. Mine is average but I have a dent and scratch free car lol. *crosses fingers for sale time*

tbh i would not buy a car with lpg.

where is this notion of installing lpg increases value of a car.?

Why not? It increases value as it means you don't have 27mpg and 1.24 or whatever it costs. Instead you pay half price for fuel.

I hate diesel cars they are all crap. I'd pay more for an lpg. I could always remove the lpg and transfer it to a new car?

I think that is a load of bs

I would not buy a car with lpg, the car would have been seriously tampered with. Things will have been done to it that i would have funk all idea about, and if things play up you are in trouble.

I seriously even doubt cars with lpg sell for any more than those without it tbh.

one thing i agree is diesel cars, i be walking along the footpath and you can hear diesel cars a mile away, and they are all pretty new regs also.

well you call BS, but then you say you know nothing about it? So tell me how are you are making an informed statement - clearly made your mind up so ill not bother educating you because you cant be arsed to educate yourself. Maybe building that Hadrian wall back up again is a good idea.

:lol: Don't sweat it Nas, Eric has to be taken with a pinch of salt, don't you buddy ;)

hang on a moment, i have a few thousand blocks to finish on hadrians wall, will get back to this post.

:blink:

Personally, I like the idea of LPG... I wouldn't have another diesel car because of the DPF and decently-sized petrol cars are offensive to my wallet.

But why isn't LPG a lot more popular... what's wrong with it?

Only problems with LPG is that you lose some boot space and some of the poor fitters/conversions give it a bad name. You also need to be aware that they usually start on petrol especially from cold so you still need to keep adding petrol to your calculations too

Jon_G said:
Oh dear, the K24 owners are fighting amongst themselves. There is no emoticon that expresses how I feel.
Well, technically, this is now a petrol vs LPG argument :lol: . But how's about this smiley for you Jon?

awesome_b_smiley_face_stickers-r2770ad8db7724b80a930c7e96f4aad2f_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

How's this?

smug_obama.jpg

:lol:

toffee_pie said:
hang on a moment, i have a few thousand blocks to finish on hadrians wall, will get back to this post.

:blink:
hope your using concrete blocks and not your lego blocks.

toffee_pie said:
I think that is a load of bs

I would not buy a car with lpg, the car would have been seriously tampered with. Things will have been done to it that i would have funk all idea about, and if things play up you are in trouble.

I seriously even doubt cars with lpg sell for any more than those without it tbh.

one thing i agree is diesel cars, i be walking along the footpath and you can hear diesel cars a mile away, and they are all pretty new regs also.
i think you know nothing about lpg.

im wrecked....

this is butt breaking work.

whats this lpg talk...

lpg a diesel.

anyone?

:huh: :blink: :blink:

ukcl9 said:
i think you know nothing about lpg.

ummm

show me cars for sale with a lpg conversion vs ones without

that might shut me up.

almost finished this work, mixing concrete is more difficult than i thought.

Actually LPG can be used on a diesel engine, but to augment the diesel rather than to fully replace it. This is normally done to boost power, but can still save money overall.

If I could, I'd post a link.

diesels are bad enough as they are, one with a lpg conversion would drive you into an institution.

:eek:

:lol: You guys crack me up! I say we all trade in our Accords and become a Hot Air Balloon club. Try something completely different from this Petrol/Diesel/LPG malarky :p .