What's new

Petrol mpg

Do they? :blush: I did not know that! But that would make sense really :lol:

i never said car's are worth more on lpg.mine was cheaper.a lot cheaper
but you said..., the car would have been seriously tampered....no.i could take my lpg off and you would never even know it was on there to start with.plus tank is in spare wheel well.so not boot space loss

Funny haha or funny peculiar? :unsure:

Perhaps we need to start a new thread to properly debate this vital question! ;)

you see a 2003 2.4 exec in outstanding condition with 100k on it for £2500
you see an identical 2003 2.4 exec in outstanding condition with 100k on it for £3000 but it has LPG and it comes with the independent safety certificate.

which would you choose? the one that does 27mpg or the one that does 27mpg and costs over half price for fuel but is a little more money to buy?

Jon_G said:
Funny haha or funny peculiar? :unsure:

Perhaps we need to start a new thread to properly debate this vital question! ;)
No new thread needed guys. My doctor will tell you it's a clean 50/50 split :D :blink:

Sorry guys, a bit off topic but how do you work out mpg if you car doesn't tell you? Surely unless you run the car out of fuel you will never know the true mpg?

Thanks
Mike

Fill right up and reset the tripmeter

Drive around for a couple of hundred miles or so

Fill right up again... note tripmeter reading and fuel used (litres)

Tripmeter reading divided by litres = the miles per litre. Multiply this by 4.54 to give the MPG.

EDIT - always best to do it this way, even if you do have a trip computer... they are usually inaccurate (for some reason).

nas80 said:
you see a 2003 2.4 exec in outstanding condition with 100k on it for £2500
you see an identical 2003 2.4 exec in outstanding condition with 100k on it for £3000 but it has LPG and it comes with the independent safety certificate.

which would you choose? the one that does 27mpg or the one that does 27mpg and costs over half price for fuel but is a little more money to buy?

Links...

as another poster pointed out i would doubt paying much more (if at all) for a lpg modded car.

Just go on eBay type lpg under the cars category and see the selection and compare yourself.

In six month's time I will be getting rid of my car. my mechanic said he wants first dibs even though I said I want 3.5k.

I'm going to have lpg installed soon on my K24. Including flashlube kit. No doubt if I can get nearly twice more miles for the same money, should pay for itself within max 2 years. I really liked vtec sound, so full tank doesn't last for long...

I haven't done a proper full tank calculation but I seem to get nearly 500 miles from a tank from my 2L petrol. Trip comuter says 40.2 MPG and thats a combination of A and B roads with a little stop start traffic.

So far I'm pleasantly surprised with the economy.