What's new

Re-Map

Kronos

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2. CTDI
Hi Guys.

I got in touch with F6HAD about re-mapping the car, really nice helpful guy even though he's on hols.

I don't want to bother him at the moment, so I thought I'd ask some bits here pre mapping.

I was given a stage 1 and a stage 2 option, but on premieretuning there was an economy option too.

I'm a steady driver, not a boy racer (56 yesterday sheesh) but I would like the extra power.

The car is excellent MPG I was getting around 58-60+ on the motorway with cruise set at 60 mph. (according to the on-board)

I would like to go for the stage 1 180 bhp, but just wanted to know would the mpg drop significantly, or would it be better? Also would I have to up the clutch, brakes etc.

Sorry for the questions, I'm an I.T Consultant so anything computer wise I'm on it, but I think a bit of pre map research wont harm.

Cheers

Gus

fuel prob wont change to much and if it did it may even get better as u diont have to drive it as hard. not sure about clutch but brakes should be fine as you said you dont drive overly fasty so should be fine.

Hi mate,

The stage 1 is the best all rounder. Most people see anywhere from 5-15% in mpg gains depending on how you drive and it's an ample power gain at the same time.

Cheers

Fahad

Thanks both for the replies especially F6had while still on vacation.
I will get in touch next week mate. Looking forward to it now.
Cheers
Gus

AquilaEagle said:
What can be done to a 2.4 tourer?
If it's a 2.4, speak to UKCL9 (that's his username on here). He's handles UK ECU remaps for Littlebo (also on here), who is a Ukrainian remapper. About 10 or so people here, myself included run this remap. It's very nice. Smoother, more even power delivery, VTEC at 4.5K and red line at almost 8K. Much nicer to drive.

He'll send you an ECU with the map on, you try it out, if you like it, send him your ECU, he maps it, sends it back. It's a 3-4 day turnaround usually and you can keep your car on the road with the test ECU too until you get yours back. When you get yours back, send the test ECU either back.

Stevearcade said:
If it's a 2.4, speak to UKCL9 (that's his username on here). He's handles UK ECU remaps for Littlebo (also on here), who is a Ukrainian remapper. About 10 or so people here, myself included run this remap. It's very nice. Smoother, more even power delivery, VTEC at 4.5K and red line at almost 8K. Much nicer to drive.

He'll send you an ECU with the map on, you try it out, if you like it, send him your ECU, he maps it, sends it back. It's a 3-4 day turnaround usually and you can keep your car on the road with the test ECU too until you get yours back. When you get yours back, send the test ECU either back.
Thanks for that Steve, very useful, I'll have a dig around. How much ballpark does that cost? I'm not used to getting much out of a simple remap, having owned S2000s for the last 13 years! :D

The 2.4 has a really dip in the power band and relatively pointless, little VTEC window. The remap smooths the power deliver significantly, meaning 2500-5000 RPM is solid pulling. Generally it's much more free revving and means less gear shifting when cruising, overtaking and such like. Also, it means that you stay in VTEC when shifting from 2nd onward. This makes booting it onto motorways etc much more satisfying. BHP number increases aren't massive as it's an NA engine (maybe 10 or so). There are dyno readouts from this map in other threads, but they're all on cars with other mods, so nothing's absolutely objective. But the relatively low BHP increase is outweighed by overall driving experience and improvement. That's really what this about. Making the 2.4 feel less like a lazy V6 and more like a traditional high revving, exciting Honda 4-Pot. I think Littlebo charges around the £300 mark.

AquilaEagle said:
Thanks guys - absolutely this car is about pulling power for me rather than peak, it's a workhorse. :)
Thought I recognised the user name ! Have you sold s2k ?
I have 2.4 tourer also (still got s2k) and considering remap so interested in your experience.

What about swapping out the ecu too a tsx 07 one and get it mapped through flash pro rather than getting a generic map which doesn't guarantee your getting the most out of your car

^ it's a question of price and what you're looking for. Sure the TSX/Flashpro option is more versatile and potentially more advantageous, however, it's significantly more money to buy a TSX ECU and a FlashPro. Plus, there are potential issues with losing cruise control functionality with the TSX ECU. But sure, if the TSX/Flashpro is for you and you've got the resources to install it, it's a good product from what I've read.

Flashpro is not the same as what ukcl9 is offering and it's important to understand this.

Flashpro is a clever solution and produces some gains but it adds multiplier signals outside core mapping areas to alter the signals and make power.

What ukcl9 is offering is a true remap solution which rewrites the core mapping tables with new values.

Cool, the remap by ukcl9 is really cheap compared to the flash pro option which I can see why it's a good option.

Does the flash pro not work the same on the tsx ecu as it does the fn2?

With flash pro you're paying for hardware and software.

With ukcl9 solution you are paying for a one time service charge.

Is the remap just for a stock engine though? As is it future proof if you decided to and some bolt ons or even cams for instance as then that £300 is wasted due to not being map able or tweaked for future mods.

I'm not trying to get people's backs up just interested in learning [emoji106]

You would need to speak to ukcl9 but for simple mods such as induction and exhaust it will adapt. But if you wanted to bolt a supercharger on it will need a custom tune.

normal bolt on mods like intake,header,exhaust,ecu will adapt.you want more power.you can add tsx cam and tsx tb.i can remap for these,but thats it.you should see 230+bhp..

but if your planning for turbo or supercharger.or more vtc angle,your not going to mind spending £800 on tsx ecu/flashpro/fitting

the reflash is not just about power numbers,you will also gain
vtec 4600-7600
no dbw lag
less rev hang

Cheers ukcl9 stuff like this really interests me as hopefully next year I'll buy a cl9 with plans of modding but I'll prob fit some of my fn2 parts intake manifold/ throttlebody and cams once I've changed them out. Think for me Id be better off with flash pro but who knows I'll have to see.[emoji106]

once the car has had a reflash and you have got a new header.next you will want to upgraded suspension,bigger rarb,twin pot or 4 pot calipers,good tyres..then if thats not enough you will want ep3 gears 1-5 and 4.76 fd+lsd+clutch (cl9 gears are crazy long)then more power.hope you have got very deep pockets.there is the best part of £5k...the question is,is it worth it?

I know exactly what your saying as to get my fn2 to 250bhp I'm looking at the best part of 4k without the brakes ive got just need a set of spoon monoblocks now. If I got one it'd be a working progress same as my fn2. Bonus with stuff like ep3 gears and oem lsd is there not that expensive but I know where your coming from

Ace there the mbf set yeah? I've got stoptech discs to go on all round with ds2500 so coupled wiv the spoons it should be sweet just unsure what brake lines as keep reading horror stories about a lot of braided ones splitting

im not a big fan of ds2500.i use dexcil type z pads.and went back to stock brake lines.braided hoses are a gimmick.all they do is make the pedal slightly firmer.nothing more

i thought 250bhp from a fn2 was hard to get.loxy silver fn2 was 245bhp.with all the mods you can get n/a.
i do enjoy my 283bhp @8600 rpm tho.lol

It is loxy hit 256 with stage 2 cams but I'm going to use slightly different mods he had a magnex catback I'm running 3" single exit also he ran a hks short ram where as I've got the closed mugen intake. I should be over the 250 mark as I'm gonna run skunk2 intake manifold and j37 t/b so plenty of air going in with tdi North stage 2 cams

It's pretty throaty sounding then in Vtec it's very race car sounding but it's completely future proof. Another bonus is its re pack able. Was the j's the ***anium one