What's new

VSA Modulator Light

Actualy post above is the way to go.
Paper clip can solve code 84-01, did this few months ago. VSA unit needs to be reset, only HIM can do it as well as reset ABSVSA codes. Afterwards TCS system needs to be calibrated, HDS or HIM to be used, not sure. If you are confident enough, grab a paper clip and get that job done yourself.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Thank you for the replies :) I will have a look at getting the codes off today and report back :) isn't worth resetting the codes before reading them?

dani_r said:
Thank you for the replies :) I will have a look at getting the codes off today and report back :) isn't worth resetting the codes before reading them?
Yes, definitely... there could easily be loads of old stored codes that do not relate to the current problem. I'd delete them all first, then see if any fault returns, if/when it does then the code will pinpoint the current problem (hopefully just a code 84).

Good luck!

Hi guys - quick update on progress :) so it turns out that the garage replaced the motor and pump but not the ECU (Is this the normal procedure?). The codes were cleared as per instructions and an 84 and 66 code remained. Did the VSA neutral trick with the paperclip etc. The 84 code is gone (I did another code clear which may have been coincidental ). However the VSA light remains on :(

The VSA neutral trick resulted in a couple of flashes from the triangle but nothing else. The ABS light has never been an issue etc.

I'm now left with a code 66 still and no idea what's next. I've booked in to a Honda garage to see what they can find but I'm wondering if it's the ABS ECU that's at fault possibly? Or a dodgy unit from BBAReman?

Any ideas?

Thanks again

dani_r said:
Hi guys - quick update on progress :) so it turns out that the garage replaced the motor and pump but not the ECU (Is this the normal procedure?).
no they have wrecked it they did not need to open it up all they should have done was swop complete old unit with complete recon unit

Code 66 indicates that the internal sensor in the pump/controller has failed. Odd, given that you have apparently had a recon'd unit fitted.

It was a bit bizarre to be honest. I thought the pump/motor/ECU was one complete unit? But when I rang BBAReman they said they sent a motor/pump refurb but no ECU? I literally have no idea what they've done to be honest.

woodie said:
no they have wrecked it they did not need to open it up all they should have done was swop complete old unit with complete recon unit
This is what I was thinking. Having not seen the parts in question in person I'm a bit in the dark to be honest. Would help if I could have seen the parts. What to do? BBA said that they have obviously tested the pressure switch etc on the exchange unit and all was working before it left them (of course).

woodie said:
This is what I was thinking. Having not seen the parts in question in person I'm a bit in the dark to be honest. Would help if I could have seen the parts. What to do? BBA said that they have obviously tested the pressure switch etc on the exchange unit and all was working before it left them (of course).

ABS and VSA is complete unit with every part inside and a recon unit is a recon unit , not bits and pieces for someone to stuff inside another unit
did you get receipt saying what you pay for ?
did you not see what they send ?
if they send out bits then warranty difficult to apply after bits put into unit

BBA Reman have been successfully used by TA members before to refurbish their VSA/ABS controller after suffering a code 66 failure. They dismantle the controller to replace the internal sensor, then test the unit (so far as I know, that's all the refurbishment includes).

Either BBA Reman have supplied a faulty unit or, as Woodie suggests, the garage damaged it during refitting.

I know what you mean. What was interesting was when I spoke to the service department at honda yesterday they said they usually send off to BBA to refurb the units rather than fit a new one which i thought was odd. They priced it at around what I've already paid (£550). In guessing that's with refurbing my own unit rather than replacement and the rest is labour. We shall see! I've already paid for a refurb unit and won't be paying for another! I'll keep you posted :)

dani_r said:
I know what you mean. What was interesting was when I spoke to the service department at honda yesterday they said they usually send off to BBA to refurb the units rather than fit a new one which i thought was odd. They priced it at around what I've already paid (£550). In guessing that's with refurbing my own unit rather than replacement and the rest is labour. We shall see! I've already paid for a refurb unit and won't be paying for another! I'll keep you posted :)
I don't understand why you can't claim against either the garage or BBA Reman?

I would replace with a second hand unit would have been cheaper option I have fitted one of these units before in a diesel

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

You should have spent around £100 to buy a clone hds unit to diagnose and test was new unit calibrated after fitting ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Maybe I should make this into a new thread, but oh well. Having read all the pages of this living nightmare, I've had an interesting thought. Given that the diesel variant of the 7th gen accord uses a German made Bosch unit, and the petrol variant uses an unit from Japan, which is more reliable, wouldn't it make sense to try to swap in a VSA/ABS pump from a petrol accord? To me, it seems insane to spend this kind of money for such a fragile thing that might break down the line too, if it hasn't been modified (not sure if there's a way to know that it was). I bet no one is covered under any kind of warranty at this point too. There's probably a good reason why Honda decided to have separate units for the two variants, but how different could they be?

You will find there are completely different wiring looms, braking components and ECUs on the diesel and petrol cars.

I doubt Honda actually had much of a hand in the design of the brake systems of each variant myself, leaving it to the experts in the caliper and sensor fields, simply organising the logistics of supply and ***embly plant fitting around them.

:) as i was started my car today,the vsa light came up on the dashboard and stayed on,i tried presssin the button but it still stayed on, i tried taking rthe key out and everything but its still there :lol: im getiing kinda worried now as iv read the other threads and some said it could be the faulty bosch module(since mine is diesel)is this correct...??? sorry guys but worring me know,will this effect my car,should i stop driving it,should i take it to honda,someone also said brake sensor(my front pads are getting low)so will this effect it, or is a diagnostis machine requires(garage has snap on one)i hope some knows whats going on....so any help is greatly appriciated....thanks guys...mo..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :(
:) as i was started my car today,the vsa light came up on the dashboard and stayed on,i tried presssin the button but it still stayed on, i tried taking rthe key out and everything but its still there :lol: im getiing kinda worried now as iv read the other threads and some said it could be the faulty bosch module(since mine is diesel)is this correct...??? sorry guys but worring me know,will this effect my car,should i stop driving it,should i take it to honda,someone also said brake sensor(my front pads are getting low)so will this effect it, or is a diagnostis machine requires(garage has snap on one)i hope some knows whats going on....so any help is greatly appriciated....thanks guys...mo..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :(
I had the same problem its not an MOT failure , its probably where all the brake pipes go under the bonnet , in that unit there is electronics and a part Honda know about , but wont do anything about it , on mine the ABS light came on as well and that is an MOT failure if you want it repairing there is a firm called BBA Reman , its about £200 and odd .