What's new

VSA Modulator Light

Does it matter , the fact remain they are made by Germans :lol: and are still crap!!

Bosch was and is still a vendor by ATE has produce some kits.

I know what you mean mate, but joking aside it does matter because we're advising members that their modules are made by Bosch - but they can't identify the right part because the word Bosch is not written anywhere on it..

In fact coming to think of it, the last time I looked for mine, all I could see was an ATE part too... you sure anyone has a Bosch VSA part on their ICTDI? :lol:

Hi guys
I have the 2006 (56 plate) Diesel, checked the numbers on my unit and they are as follows

57110 - SEG - E610 - M1

DE (Type: EGVVW)

SEGE6

06.2102 - 0407

No apparent manufacturers labels other then the H - Honda sticker.

Hope it helps

Right, now I'm peeved.

Got a guy to look at my true mileage - as some may recall my mileage was reset due to theft - and it's over 62k.

Tried to contact Honda UK direct - was a bit of a nightmare, have the emails to illustrate but perhaps that's for another day/laugh - very unprofessional and I was surprised.

My car had over 64k on it, and they said on the phone that they wouldn't be doing a 'gesture of goodwill' as they're looking for customer loyalty i.e. having your car serviced at a Honda garage - which of course is illegal.

So, I have some options:

1) Contact HUKCS again and plead my case.

2) Send part to get reconditioned

3) Buy a spare from a breakers

4) Cough up a shed load of money I don't have to get it repaired by Honda

Option 4 is out of the question, as I don't have the disposable income with two very young kids in the house - so, any ideas from the members on what the recommended course of action is?

Car is due MOT soon, although from what I've read this is not a fail, but would like my VSA working nonetheless.

I did contact BBA-Remain today, who asked if my part was one that came with a pump, who the manufacturer was etc - does this modulator come with a pump, I take it manufacturer is Bosch?

So Rob what is the true mileage meant to be im a bit confused hear.

So Rob what is the true mileage meant to be im a bit confused hear.

According to the guy who looked into adjusting my mileage to the correct value, there is a value stored in the display and one in the ecu (I think) the ecu tells the correct mileage, and it was about 64,800 - therefore I was over by 2,800.

Any suggestions?

According to the guy who looked into adjusting my mileage to the correct value, there is a value stored in the display and one in the ecu (I think) the ecu tells the correct mileage, and it was about 64,800 - therefore I was over by 2,800.

Any suggestions?
Sorry to give you the bad news Rob but going by previous members here HUK will not give any goodwill as the mileage is past the warranty.You can by all means try but i think you will be wasting your time.
The only option in order of of most affective is to get a new unit as this will be the modified one so you will have no problems.
Try and get it repaired im sure there is a post here about this.
Or the cheapest option but it could go again is fit a 2nd hand one like Jav done.

Sorry to give you the bad news Rob but going by previous members here HUK will not give any goodwill as the mileage is past the warranty.You can by all means try but i think you will be wasting your time.
The only option in order of of most affective is to get a new unit as this will be the modified one so you will have no problems.
Try and get it repaired im sure there is a post here about this.
Or the cheapest option but it could go again is fit a 2nd hand one like Jav done.

Cheers again Brett - did Jav just walk into a breakers and ask for the part, or did he use one of those online parts request services that litter the internet?

Cheers again Brett - did Jav just walk into a breakers and ask for the part, or did he use one of those online parts request services that litter the internet?
To be honest Rob im not sure but this is a thread by him.If the info is not there PM Jav and have a chat as wear he got the unit from.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1052-vsa-66-1-2006-accord-diesel/

Hi Rob, yes I walked into a local breakers and got the part £150... it is a big risk but for me it worked and was fitted at home too... just need to remove bumper, one headlight, unplug and remove the brake lines, swap the units over, re connect, bleed the brakes and that's it job done and light is out!

Hi Fahad,

My plan is to get my mechanic to swap pump (either just the plug-on control module - black box on side of pump, or complete unit) whatever I'm left with will be my 'spare' and if the second-hand unit (taken from the same model and year) fails, I'll get my 'spare' refurbished. Neither BBA or ECUtesting hold parts on the shelf; they will test and repair your unit. I'll post the results later... Cheers, Jerry

OK, my mechanic swapped the control module from the 'ebay unit' with mine and the fault remains. He says the fault can only be in the control unit as the rest of the pump is just the mechanical stuff with the electric motor. So; new plan is to send my control unit plugged onto the 'ebay unit' and send this complete to ECUTesting for check and repair if required. If they don't find a fault they'll charge me £45 (inc. the test and postage) to send it back. If it is faulty, then it'll be £350. If NFF, then I won't be too happy wuth my mechanic! I'll post results when I know... Cheers, Jerry

The one from ebay must have a fault as well then.I was lucky with mine the car was in warranty.

£45 is not too bad considering.

OK, my mechanic swapped the control module from the 'ebay unit' with mine and the fault remains. He says the fault can only be in the control unit as the rest of the pump is just the mechanical stuff with the electric motor. So; new plan is to send my control unit plugged onto the 'ebay unit' and send this complete to ECUTesting for check and repair if required. If they don't find a fault they'll charge me £45 (inc. the test and postage) to send it back. If it is faulty, then it'll be £350. If NFF, then I won't be too happy wuth my mechanic! I'll post results when I know... Cheers, Jerry

I just got a quote from BBA_Reman for £165 + VAT and shipping for the same issue. You may wish to check with them as well.

I've told them I'd send via my own courier to save on costs to which they agreed.

Rob I've heard bad things about BBA on a few forums now - they can't always fix these (even if they claim otherwise). Also, I would say that a refurb on such a critical safety item is probably not a good idea.. Using a known working original factory donor is probably not so bad.

I just got a quote from BBA_Reman for £165 + VAT and shipping for the same issue. You may wish to check with them as well.

I've told them I'd send via my own courier to save on costs to which they agreed.

Well that is very strange, since they quoted me £650+vat to repair mine! That's why I've gone with ECUTesting at £350 as well as the reports of allegedly poor work done by BBA. I sent mine away yesterday, so will report back later. Seems we will now have a direct comparison between BBA Reman and ECUTesting - more power to the forum! Cheers, Jerry

Thanks Fahad and Jerry.

I will reconsider my position on this with Reman - don't want to take a risk with this obviously.

Can I ask Fahad - what you mean by a "known working original factory donor" means exactly and where would I get such a thing?

I mean a unit from a breakers yard with a warranty. You'll know within the first week if the unit is good or not mate.

The problem I se e with that is you get a very limited warranty from that source and if you go to the expense of having a garage carry out the repair and it fails then you' re out quite a bit of money. I simply don't have the spare time or ability to diy. Will phone round a couple and se e

go to honda then and get a full warranty.

you pays yer money and takes yer chance.

go to honda then and get a full warranty.

you pays yer money and takes yer chance.

Yeah cheers, if I had a couple of grand loose change kicking around my bank account - you really think I'd be here discussing alternatives?

Got an interesting email from ecu-testing regards the unit:

After our conversation, I have actively pursued the fault code 66-1 with our chief technician (who has been unavailable for the last few days) and he informs me that this is a brake pressure sensor fault code. Although the part number you have supplied us with does not appear in our database, we have also researched this number and found that there is a good chance we can repair this problem. We would need you to send in your module and block together as the problem is in the metal part of the unit. The cost of a repair would be £350.00 plus vat post and packaging making an all-inclusive total of £441.60 with a two year warranty.

Please feel free to choose who to manufacture your unit but in the interests of safety, should you decide to use BBA, please call them first to ascertain if they are still repairing these units by modifying them with external pressure sensors. We don’t do this, we repair the actual pressure sensor itself and we have received units that BBA have worked on to see first hand what they do. They may well have changed their repair by now but please check just in case.

welcome I'm sure.

I've recently had problems too. In Oct my Accord Tourer CDTI had the Manifold replaced under the extended warranty from Honda. I had no problems since, then last Sunday the VSA warning light came on, I took it to the dealer paid £35 for the check and was told it needs a new Modulator total cost £1800 including labour. The dealer has been very good and contacted Honda UK on my behalf to see if I could be ***isted with the costs. They have come back to me today and offered £800 goodwill. My car has done nearly 72k and is a 55 plate. I don't know whether to accept their offer or pursue it for more. It's under 6 years old, but has done 10k above the mileage that the extended warranty covers. What do others think?

I am not able to write essays when I'm on the mobile; sorry dude.

The ECU-Testing option is the next best to a Honda original if they are offering a proper two years warranty - potentially better than Honda's post repair warranty? But if a guarantee is what you're after then those are pretty much your only choices.

I've recently had problems too. In Oct my Accord Tourer CDTI had the Manifold replaced under the extended warranty from Honda. I had no problems since, then last Sunday the VSA warning light came on, I took it to the dealer paid £35 for the check and was told it needs a new Modulator total cost £1800 including labour. The dealer has been very good and contacted Honda UK on my behalf to see if I could be ***isted with the costs. They have come back to me today and offered £800 goodwill. My car has done nearly 72k and is a 55 plate. I don't know whether to accept their offer or pursue it for more. It's under 6 years old, but has done 10k above the mileage that the extended warranty covers. What do others think?

I think you're lucky they've offered you anything - my car is an 06 plate and I first reported my fault with under 65k on it and they've told me I get zero. Primarily down to me having not serviced the car via Honda - which is essentially illegal. I'm still pursuing them however.

That's quite bad there Rob - Honda do seem to have very little consistency in what they offer people both in and out of warranty.

It seems to be either very generous - like with MeatyChi. Or incredibly harsh - like yourself.

As you said, it is illegal to force Dealer only servicing for warranties, and I can't seen how the VSA modulator is a serviceable item - like the manifold.

To be honest I really feel this is a less than adiquate response from HUK... In my experiance, stamping your feet and making a fair bit of fuss tends to pay off.

I've had this ballache myself, in all cases where your VSA comes on:

Report it to Honda UK as soon as you can, they'll want you to go to a honda dealership, to have codes read to "confirm the fault"

Point out the extended warranty and how you are only just outside the threshold. The dealer will refer it to Honda, Honda will say no goodwill gesture to the dealer.

Then you call Honda direct and stamp your feet on how a non moving part has an arbritary milage given to it. Pending a couple of day's investigation they will offer some kind of goodwill gesture. This part as mentioned is not a service item so how which garage the vehicle is serviced in has any impact on the part is beyond any plausible reason.

I've seen a couple of cases (including mine) a rough estimate is you will have to pay about 5p per mile over the 62k mark... ergo 1000 miles your contribution to the part is somwhere in the region of £50. In almost all cases the labour will not be covered by HUK.

Ok so you wind up paying more than the £150 from the scrappy, but you get yourself an improved unit which, if it goes wrong, you have full accountability for.

Hope this helps!!