What's new

VSA Modulator Light

all booked in for Mon hopefully if the vsa is shot im covered with 48k on the clock.

Well guys a bit of good news my friend is coming over Sunday with his snap on tester to find the fault code.Im sort of hopping the VSA is shot because im in the extended warranty bracket so at least i will get the modified unit.
Im also going to Honda Bristol Mon so they can check the system. If its the VSA shot is all the cost covered including the £83 i was quoted to preform the diagnostic test.

83 quid to do a DTC scan .. blimey..HH charge their customer a 35 quid..

Now its not ideal to go all that way for a DTC scan , but just shows the variation in prices.. I wish you guys lived closer done it for you.
I no what you mean cj but the lady said that was for 1 hour and if it was less time i would be charged for that.
Christ how long does it take all of 15 min.As i said i got a mate coming round Sunday to find the code so im prepared.When i go to the dealers i will play dumb and see what they come up with ;)

it takes less than 5 minutes from start to stop to get the DTC code.. 83 quid for 5 minutes job..LOL
Im in the wrong trade :lol:

The real problem is that error codes are only an indicator of the true fault. You need a proper interpretation of the fault codes for the fee to be worthwhile and that worries me more than anything else.

For example our classic "low fuel rail pressure" code - P1065? that in itself could be a blocked fuel line, filter, or failed pump. Of course all TA members know what it truly means for I-CTDI owners.

Please be polite and respectful when dealing with HUK.

i totally agree with this advise, no point whatsoever flying off the handle.
yes the vsa module is at fault but other manufacturers would simply not even entertain and financial help.
after a lot of calls back and forward, i recieved my full refund minus £60 for diagnostic :)

Well guys good news really iv just had my mate to do a scan and gess what came up Code 66-1 :D .
Another VSA unit shot made by bloo--y Bosch.So off to Honda tomorrow to see what say hopefully the hole lot will be done on extended warranty.To be honest im glad its gone in warranty and it will be replaced with the modified unit.

Ok guys i thought id open a new thread if you don't mind.As a couple of you may be aware the dreaded VSA light on.
I had it checked today by my mate and its confirmed the fault code 66.1.
The car is still in the warranty claim bracket thankfully :) .My question is iv got the car booked in tomorrow at Honda so how do you think i should play it.
Should i tell them about the code or not.
Should i tell them about the extended warranty or see what they say.
Also would everything be covered including tomorrows scan.

Brett, of course tell them mate. Go armed with the info and get the claim processed.

Has anyone been under the bonnet relatively recently that could have accidentally struck the modulator?

Brett, of course tell them mate. Go armed with the info and get the claim processed.

Has anyone been under the bonnet relatively recently that could have accidentally struck the modulator?
No mate the only work done under the bonnet was the clutch but that was almost a year ago.
The really odd thing though whether its connected im not sure but driving home one night and the VSA light came on twice and engine power was lost.I thought at the time it was ice.Also i had to hit the brakes very hard that same night cos a car pulled out on me.
Then in the morning to go to work boom the lights on.
I think i might take a copy of the bulletin as well for good measure.

Hey brett where you going briz of cribbs honda. I had some warranty/servicing from cribbs no problems and i know bris was formerly eastgate honda before they moved so some staff have been there for a long time.

good luck fella, at least its not going to be out your pocket.

if you are still within the warrenty bracket, then there should be no problem.
just explain the problem, know your stuff and it should be a straight forward claim.
good luck though

Cheers guys i will let you no the outcome tomorro and its brislinton salim

Ok guys an update.I have just got back from Honda Bristol with a smile on my face :) .I walked up to the sevice department and explained i already found the fault code 66.1 over the weekend.He looked quite shocked :lol: then said to the guy this means the the VSA unit is gone.He then checked his computer and agreed that if Honda find this code i was right.
To my amazement he said if this code is there then i would get charged for nothing at all.
So after a coffee or to the guy came back to me and agreed that Honda have found the 66.1 code so all happy days.
To be honest the service department were very good and gave me no flannel at all.The car is booked in next Mon and i even get a free lift to work and they will come and pick me up to collect the car.
So to sum things up a very good service and am very happy i will update when the car is fixed as well :D

cool bananas dude!

Is it normal for Honda dealers to agree to pay the labour and diagnostic charges too?

From previous posts on this subject I got the impression these charges weren't covered.

Matt

yabba dabbo good news Brett.

Dealers don't offer a fight when it a Bosch part .
:lol:. They are so reliable to fail.
:lol: I was so tempted to say to the dealer the failure was because its a German Bosch part.This is why the VSA don't fail on petrol accords because there made in Japan.It was very funny in work today the normal banter with the AUDI owners about my misfortune with the VSA.
They all ripped into me about the reliable Honda i soon shut them up when i said the part was Bosch B)

good result Brett hope they get done ok for you

good result Brett hope they get done ok for you
Cheers Paul its not a major job so hopefully it will be fine.I shall go around the car with a toothpick after ;)
The car is in for the day but the guy said Honda's labour for this job is 2.3 hours at £86 per hour.

Nice one Brett glad you got it sorted I know how concerned you were. Cheers again for the oil hope you enjoyed the wine

cheers Paul and once again nice meeting up again and the wine went down a treat good choice

I've been having a look through old posts for the 66.1 VSA fault and they say that the part numbers for the revised units are:

Accord Diesel [CN1] : 57110-SEF-xxx
Accord Diesel [CN2] : 57110-SEG-xxx

I'm trying to work out if my VSA module has been changed and I'm fairly sure it hasn't been, the part number is 57110-SEF-E610-M1.

Are the part numbers that have been stated as the revised numbers in fact actually generic to both the old and new modules, and it's the last 6 digits that denote a new or old module??

Or can anyone who's VSA module hasn't been changed state their part number for comparison?

Matt

Im not sure myself but cj will no this for deff

Great news Brett :) Really happy for you.

cheers fahad and all thanks to the info on this great forum iv saved the best part of 2k

I can feel the relief all the way from Bristol to here mate, Im so pleased its turned out good for you.

very true Andy 2k would have killed me at the min as money is tight.Im just glad its happened now when still in warranty.I fill for others members here that was not so lucky.

Great news Brett,

Good to know you didn't have to mess about at the service desk, always nice when things go smoothly.