What's new

Ways to make 2.4 executive slightly louder

Richardwellsy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Dear All,

Wondering what are the best and most cost effective ways of making the standard 2.4 executive louder.

Looking under the car there looks like the CAT then 2 middle boxes and then the twin back boxes.

Would taking out the middle boxes and replacing with straight pipe make it any louder? Does this make it illegal or affect emissions or performance?

Don't know a lot about this sort of thing.

Also thought removing standard airbox and doing a DIY cold air intake would make a difference?

Don't really want to go chopping up backboxes or decatting.

Thanks for all constructive comments in advance!

Richard

Cheapest way to get noise is to take the top of your air box off and put a Honda S2000 standard filter on to the pipe. £10 loads of noise

Opening the window is cheaper still.

Airbox delete is cheapest way to make more noise. After that it's exhaust.

What I would say with any car that's still a daily is this:

Ensure you retain a resonator in the exhaust system. A car that drones on the motorway ceases to be fun really quickly.

Goodluckmonkey said:
What I would say with any car that's still a daily is this:

Ensure you retain a resonator in the exhaust system. A car that drones on the motorway ceases to be fun really quickly.
Exactly my thoughts when I read the post. Why would you want more noise if it doesn't improved the performance. The prat I trusted to repair the exhaust on my previous car welded a straight through cat on it and the drone gave me a headache on long runs.

You can have both though. Just needs a massive resonator if it's absorption type. The one they put in my subaru on a 3" system was nearly 3' long!

Went well, sounded good if you floored it, but quiet to cruise and not overly burbly round town.

Just need to have a system built by someone who knows their stuff.

You can always sacrifice manners to gain the last few hp, but ultimately it's never worth it in my opinion.

The 2.4s sound pretty good at full chat with a cold air intake, steves diy would be the cheapest route and might even sneak a couple of horses in too. That way you can cruise in relative silence and just plant your foot when you fancy some sound effects. Bigger the smile - bigger the (placebo) horsepower !

Undoing the exhaust nuts just behind the turbo should do it

The neighbours were very impressed when I tore the centre box from a Renault 21 Savanna reversing out of a car park barrier (which had those non-reversible spikes). I was on nights at the time.

One day I'll tell you about the time she caught fire ........

When I was at university, my mini lost a whole exhaust system because it wouldn't clear the sleeping policemen in the car park. Pulled it out of the clamps by the diff.

On the plus side, when I parked it on the grass to avoid using the car park, they couldn't get a clamp between the wheel and the arch, so I just used to Jack it up and drive off.

Goodluckmonkey said:
On the plus side, when I parked it on the grass to avoid using the car park, they couldn't get a clamp between the wheel and the arch, so I just used to Jack it up and drive off.
You just reminded me another reason why I bought CXs and BXs. ( I couldn't afford a Countach)

ukcl9 said:
Full toda exhaust. Great sound.not crazy loud.no drone.but will cost you about £2k
ouch

sent using tapatalk

Is it Ti at that money?

Legalis r I had on the integra was great. Not drony at cruise but sounded like a cornered tiger at high revs. Again though they cost a fortune new