What's new

What sort of mpg do you all get on your diesels?

Hi, I'm going by the computer, it has been consistant so far. I will make a note of the fuel put in and work it out manually. As far as I'm aware everythings clean and gunge free, I'll mention it to my Hubby. Just seems strange how the computer is reading consistantly lower each filling since the manifold was changed, nothing else has been touched.

Ah ok that might explaint it then. The battery will have been disconnected when fitting the manifold which resets the ECU and trip computer calibration. It was probably either reading slightly wrong before or is re-learning now. Just calculate it manually as these trip computers are rarely right anyway.

Ah ok that might explaint it then. The battery will have been disconnected when fitting the manifold which resets the ECU and trip computer calibration. It was probably either reading slightly wrong before or is re-learning now. Just calculate it manually as these trip computers are rarely right anyway.

Just seen you're reply on another post, thanks very much :) I bet your correct, I will have to calculate it manually. Thanks

I travel about 150 miles a day almost all moterway and cruising between 65-80 I manage to get about 650 miles for 50 odd litres = D

I cruise between 65-80 on motorways but cant seem to reach 550 never mind 650, is this difference due to yours being facelift? It seems facelift accords are benefiting loads due to the 6th gear

Try not going above 2K revs and see what happens - 6th isn't that big a difference in ratios as I understand it.

Just done 517 miles when the light came on, think it took 55 litres to fill it back up.

I did a 200 mile round trip on the motorway. Used about 20 quid's worth of Shell normal diesel at £1.38 per litre. Averaged around 54MPG. Cruising at 70mph in sixth seemed ideal for getting the most mpg.

Yea thats what I do as well, sixth gear is great just stick it in there and hover around the 70mph mark and you stay under the 2000 rpm. I also like to follow other cars take a small advantage from drafting - mite not do anything but in my head im saving loooooads of fuel :D

Yea thats what I do as well, sixth gear is great just stick it in there and hover around the 70mph mark and you stay under the 2000 rpm. I also like to follow other cars take a small advantage from drafting - mite not do anything but in my head im saving loooooads of fuel :D

LOL

I've spent about 140 quid on fuel and it's given me a thousand miles. Ain't too shabby.

Just bought a saloon 2 months ago, so used only 2 tank so far, according to computer 51.7 mpg, which is about 5.5 l / 100km. According to my calculation it's 5.8 l / 100km, but still very happy with it

I churn out about 750/800 miles a week to and from work - spend about £85-90 ish a week! In the first 2 weeks before I started work I was doing town driving and I was getting about 40/45mpg which almost made me wanna cry knowing that I'd be doing 800 odd miles a week! Thankfully the Accord loves the M40!

Hi,

I've not had my 56 plate facelift saloon long and have just finished a full tank of diesel. I got 540 miles from it and it took 51.3 litres to fill it back up, which cost me £70.75. The computer said 57.1 mpg, but my manual calculation says more like 47.8 mpg. How can it possibly be 10mpg out?? This is mainly tame driving with the odd burst of power here and there.

Another way to look at... it costs me around £13 per hundred miles.

Driving "sensibly" and coasting whenever the opportunity arises I can get near 600 from a tank. 55plate Tourer.

Put 30 quid in (half tank) and I'm only getting 200 miles - mostly urban driving. Filled up when the light came on. A little disappointing, because I was expecting 250 miles from 30 pounds of diesel.

I've only had my Accord Tourer a week (2.2 CDTI) - on the way back from picking it up I put in half a tank of diesel and was horrified to see it only lasted about 150 miles. As my daily commute is 100 miles round trip I was fearing the worst. However after putting a full tank in and driving rather more carefully, sticking between 60-70mph on the M1, I've currently done 370 miles and there is still half a tank left. By my own crude calculation that is pushing 60mpg which I am more than happy with. Seemingly the fuel effeciency in these cars has everything to do with driving style. Cracking website / forum by the way

You wont get 60 mpg. The fuel gague doesnt usually move for the first 100+ miles then goes down a bit quicker especially from half onwards. High 40's is probably more realistic :unsure:

NESH, yes I'm sure your right 60mpg prob is a bit optimistic though I have seen people on here claiming to get 600 miles from a tank which must be in the 50's - will drive like a pensioner until I'm on empty and see what I end up on. You are spot on about the needle not moving for the first 100 miles

I can get about 600 out of a tank if I am careful, but usually get around 550. If you do drive steady and do a lot of motorway miles then 600 should be achievable

Tourers are heavier in the gogo juice than saloons. It is amazing what going over 2k revs does.

Turn off the aircon, and cruise control at 70 and you'll get decent mpg -- definitely in the 50s.

Just done 545miles on 53litres and the orange light hadnt come on, although it probably wasnt far off! Is that about 46mpg? Computer said 48.9mpg so it wasnt too far out.

04 plate CDTI Executive Tourer, now with 159K on the clock.

Average MPG over the last 11,286 miles (calculated using Road Trip LE on the iPhone) was 45.57.

Best tankfull was 50.74 MPG

Worst was 42.55.

Just finished my first tank with a mix of 70% motorway and 30% town driving and when it got down to 50miles left to fill up I chucked in 49l.
That was at 561 miles on the clock which works out at ummmm 52mpg, can't say im unhappy with that I had been reticent with my old ST170 to take family trips to the seaside etc as it was costing me 40-50quid to get there and back ^^ 240mile round trip but with this mpg it's gonna cost me more like £25-£30 ;)

Plymouth to Leicester, cruise control on at 70mph. Probably helped a bit by the prevailing south-westerly winds!

IMG_0132.jpg

on a full tank i get about 530-550 miles in my 2004 ctdi saloon thats covered 128k

100 miles before the needle moves followed by 230 ish first half of tank and about 200 the second half.

not sure what the mpg is on that but its a hell of a lot cheaper to run than my subaru impreza i had before :)

Got 600miles from a tank as reserve came on- 49mpg on pre-facelift all 'straight-ish' A roads and some very steep inclines.

Just changed the oil in my baby last weekend and I'm back getting and average of 54-56mpg per tank. Before the change was getting 51-53. 2006 Facelift model 108k miles mostly good country roads with a little urban driving average speed 40MPH.