What's new

Facelift ECU in pre-facelift?

^ useful link that ;)

if you get to swapping a post facelift 7th gen ECU into your car and get it working without piggy-back to begin with, you deserve some high pointage m8 B)

Indeed, if it works all fine for you, you may kickstart a new trend. You could even be known round these parts as TA Trend Setter :lol:

Another day, another update, well, here it is:

This is the chip board for an automatic post-facelift TSX ECU (auto)

37820-RBB-A21

bad news: it's a completely different chipset...
good news: that also means the pin-out is largely the same.

I am searching for this k20 or k24 facelift ecu. Maybe you can help me, where I can buy one?

Regards
Matthias

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-03-07-K24A3-2-4-PETROL-MAIN-ECU-37820-RBG-E51-GENUINE-/181251069137?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a3367d4d1

this is cheap, buy it ASAP if its legit

@boostcrap why do you need that ?

You can reflash your existing ECU just fine, and you have a local dealer in your area, too.
Check here : http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/83138-hey-european-guys-reflash-cl9-cu2-developed-tested.html

I've already reflashed 5 cars, including a pre-facelift CL9 , facelift CL9 and CU2 and all customers are very happy.
Your local dealer reflashed 3 cars already.

All ECUs i see here can be flashed easily, i dont know why piasini said they arent flasheable. Any 705x cpu can be flashed and all Honda petrol ECU are based on em. Get a datasheet, find pinout and go )

Reviving this Topic.

With help from littlebo above, i am now:

1. Running a reflashed AUDM 2003 accord :)

couldnt be happier

Enjoy the new power upgrade and welcome to our club ;)

:ph34r: Sorry to raise this again.

My Chassis no. is...

JHMCM28805C200736

Engine..K24A3

Late 55 reg. September. Not sure whether facelift or not? Steering wheel only has cruise and radio controls so possibly pre?

Was anything further found on this topic? If facelift, mine be ok for remapping?

Cheers,

Jon

jonhond said:
:ph34r: Sorry to raise this again.

My Chassis no. is...

JHMCM28805C200736

Engine..K24A3

Late 55 reg. September. Not sure whether facelift or not? Steering wheel only has cruise and radio controls so possibly pre?

Was anything further found on this topic? If facelift, mine be ok for remapping?

Cheers,

Jon

JHM = Japan Honda

CM2 = Accord Tourer

88 = code that gives the spec

0 = "check digit"

5 = build year in Japan

C = factory in Japan

the rest is the serial number in that year

So the car is pre-facelift.

For more info on remapping, read right through this thread http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/70-hondata-ecu-reflashreprogramming/

ukcl9 said:

you need to take the ecu out the car.and post up your ecu code.if the code is RBB E02 we can reflash your accord.needs to look like this.im littlebo uk dealer.
Steve and I both have CM2 pre-facelift (CM2 is the Tourer, CL9 is the saloon).

But if you go back to page 3 of this thread, you'll see that our ECU's are both RBG-E01

Yep , all years are welcome , both CM and CL .