What's new

VSA Modulator Light

i diagnosed it but havnt seen it since? perhapse it was replaced while i was on training. but i suppose they are all made by the same company so it suggests its not just limited to the accord, some of the same batch may have been fitted to other models?. at leist we know honda have allready made contributions to the costs of these units so things arnt as bad as they could be. perhapse somthing will be done about it?.....no doubt it depends on the ammount failing.

in the states the diesel cr-v's have been taken back by honda(recall)to change the faulty german rubbish

Hi Guys,

Need some answers and advice really on one thread... I have done a search but I need some answers on questions not already asked...

I am now also an owner of a 2006 Accord EX Diesel and have the VSA 66-1 fault...

1. Are all the facelift Accord VSA modulators made my Bosch or also ATE?
2. Is the 2004-2005 the same modulator?
3. Has anyone had theirs refurbished and fixed rather than a brand new unit?
4. Is the VSA/ABS one unit located at the front near the washer filler?

Any other help / advice is much appreciated... thanks guys! Just need to make sure that I am 100% right.

Sorry Jav, but I don't know the answer to your question....but let me get this straight......you have a weasel as well as your petrol Accord :lol: , come on spill the beans, what are you up to. I thought the insurance was a killer on the weasel for you? ;) What's the story Bud ?

You can not resist the power of the dark side.

darth-vader.jpg

I just choked on my tea!

In answer to the questions (these are best guesses)

1. Are all the facelift Accord VSA modulators made my Bosch or also ATE?
Bosch only

2. Is the 2004-2005 the same modulator?
Yes

3. Has anyone had theirs refurbished and fixed rather than a brand new unit?
BBA Remain can refurb them

4. Is the VSA/ABS one unit located at the front near the washer filler?
Yes it's stuck on the ABS unit mate with all the brake pipes coming out of it..

Now what the heck are you doing with a diesel??

Thanks for the response Fahad... yes guys I also own a diesel now too only bought I on Saturday ;) lol it was just a good buy that couldn't be missed so bought it!

I will have to admit now that owning one and driven one they are good cars, very quiet and smooth compared to Audi A4's, I would not mind a diesel now to be honest...

next thing how easy is a DIY change on this?

Also guys no where on the modulator/pump does it say Bosch on there it says ATE...

My petrol one says Nissin which is right!

Mate I would say not advisable, but that's not based on any experience - just my own fear for attempting a DIY on something like this!

oh and the correct spelling is Deutscheland I believe CJ? :D

JAV, what on earth are you doing with a diesel too, greedy :p Still on for our mini project at HH?!

"I will have to admit now that owning one and driven one they are good cars, very quiet and smooth compared to Audi A4's, I would not mind a diesel now to be honest..."

Spread the word J4JAV, now all you've got to do is convince Oz :D

I remember seeing a thread that referred to Honda replacing these modulators for labour only costs, maybe worth having a word with Holdcroft?

Spread the word J4JAV, now all you've got to do is convince Oz :rolleyes:

LOL! NEVERRRRRRRRRRR! :lol:

Good luck with gettin this fixed mr big pimpin 2 accords ;)

Hi Guys,

Many of you know I had this problem on the Diesel Accord which was bought on Saturday...

Honda wanted £1800 just for the part, Honda UK didnt want to know...

Majority of scrappies want £500+ just for the unit, Dewsbury Auto Salvage want £750 for one! they are just con artists! BBA wanted to charge up to £600 and M&M auto salvage wanted £400....found a local breaker in Bradford who were breaking a 08 Accord in front of me and £150 it cost me from that car!!! a few hours work at home as bumper and headlight was removed and the modulators were swapped over and now we have no VSA error! :)

So any guys with the same problem you may want to consider your options before forking out for this expensive part!

Jav, wow that's fantastic mate ;)

Did you not take any pictures? This would be a fantastic How To...

Good stuff bro BIG THUMBSUP!

Fahad thanks mate, bumper is to come off again so I will take a few snaps and create some diagrams which show bolts/nuts which need to be removed and do a how to ;)

congrats mate, i felt like banging my head against a brick wall trying to sort the problem out without going to honda,
in the end thats what happened and i ended up up with my wallet £740 lighter :D

great news jav and what a bargain it just shows it pays to shop around

I will get some pics up soon guys just needs final touch ups and then you can see.... it's blue by the way a 2006 ex

A facelift car? Nice one dude!!

Wow, nice one Jav, I think that's the first time I've known of anyone swapping one over themselves! As said, that would be a fantastic 'How To' when you have the time

Hi, I know this thread hasn't been active for a month or so, but just thought I'd add my experience and my frustration with Honda UK.

I have just had the manifold and timing chain replaced under their 7 year extended warranty. When I got the car back I had a distinct lack of power and the turbo was making a funny noise. On my drive home, the VSA light came on and has stayed on ever since.

So, back to Honda it went to get the turbo noise and the VSA issue sorted (or so I thought!). The turbo and power problem was down to a hose not being correctly connected (nice to see they put my car back together properly!). They were however not taking any responsibility for the VSA light and claimed it must be a coincidence. I'm not convinced, especially from what I've been reading in this thread.

So the dealership were not willing to do anything about it, so I went to Honda UK who have said they are unwilling to do anything about it too - end of story as far as they're concerned! Did somebody mention watchdog? ;)

The car is on an 05 plate and has done 94000 miles.

The car is on an 05 plate and has done 94000 miles.

The ***istance from Honda seems to be more aimed at cars that are relatively low milage or just out of warranty. Given the age and milage it is not so surprising that they have not helped. I think this issue around the fact that the failures do seem to be quite prevalent amongst cars that have had recent work done on them (mine was in the Dealer less than two weeks before my failure) is a factor.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get Honda to look into this?

I would suggest writing to them and directing them to here, but do not threaten them..

Also, Nick have a chat with Jav, he recently had his VSA modulator replaced with a used item from a breaker and it worked fine. Cost a few hundred quid all in I believe.