What's new

VSA Modulator Light

Great news Brett,

Good to know you didn't have to mess about at the service desk, always nice when things go smoothly.
Smooth as silk Carl but i had all the ammo and no how of this problem thanks to TA ;)

I've been having a look through old posts for the 66.1 VSA fault and they say that the part numbers for the revised units are:

Accord Diesel [CN1] : 57110-SEF-xxx
Accord Diesel [CN2] : 57110-SEG-xxx

I'm trying to work out if my VSA module has been changed and I'm fairly sure it hasn't been, the part number is 57110-SEF-E610-M1.

Are the part numbers that have been stated as the revised numbers in fact actually generic to both the old and new modules, and it's the last 6 digits that denote a new or old module??

Or can anyone who's VSA module hasn't been changed state their part number for comparison?

Matt
Can anyone/ admins with technical knowledge shed an light on this?

Thought it might be useful for members who have problems in the future.

Matt

Well guys just got the car back from Honda Bristol and all sorted.
I dropped the car of at 7.30 and was taken to my place of work from the dealers and then picked up again at 4.00 to collect.
So i was very happy with the customer services and the work carried out.After close inspection all looks fine they even tied up the cables on my HIDS :D .Also another bonus is the left hand side front bumper was dropped a couple of mm but is now perfect ;) .

Hey Matt, the fantastic vendor that is Bosch (NOT) they have the below part number for the modified VSA modules. There isnt a single bosch part on the Honda diesel accord which is static. It seem Bosch makes it along as it goes, no two cars have the same parts!! :lol: :lol: :lol: that is Germans for you.

57110-S6E-G51
57110-S9A-961
57110-S9A-G01
57110-SEF-E56
57110-SEF-E61
57110-SEG-E55
57110-SEG-E61
57110-SKN-G01

The best bet to get a definative part number for your car , call up your local honda dealer with your VIN number and they will marry up one of the above 8 part numbers ..

Cheers CJ

I was expecting it to be simple and have just the one part number but it seems Bosch like to spoil us with choice. :rolleyes:

Next stop Honda.

Thanks
Matt

nice one brett happy for you bro, in know it can be a hassle but thankfully your one went smooth...welll done..,. :)

Hi, I've had the VSA 66-1 problem since October and have tried all means to get Honda to sort the problem out as it happened immediately after they had my car in to do the manifold and timing chain. I have now given up on this avenue as Honda not taking any liability for it and just putting it down to coincidence and they will not even entertain giving me a decent goodwill gesture as I am 30,000 miles over their ridiculous 60,000 mile limit.

I am now forced (as I refuse flatly to pay £1600 for a new unit) to get the module fixed. So my question to any of you more savvy and mechanically minded people is where is the module? Is it part of the ABS unit at the front left of the engine bay with all the brake lines going into it? If not, can you point me in the right direction...

If this is the unit, the part number on top is 57110-SEG-E550-M1 Type EGVVV SEGE5. Does that sound right?

I was also led to believe that the faulty units were all Bosch. My unit has an Ate logo on it with a number: 06-2102-0120 4 next to it.

I hope someone can help...

Nick, drop Jav a PM, he replaced his with a used item from the scrappies.

Sorry to hear this Nick i remember this post a long time ago.
Fahad is correct get in contact with Jav as he got a second hand one.It a front bumper off job i think.

Is there anyway to tell looking at the engine if this fault will effect the Bosch unit, or is it a case of well not sure which one it effects?

So if that is the case, when looking at a second hand one, what is the age/milage warranty up to?

Thanks

Kimbie

Is there anyway to tell looking at the engine if this fault will effect the Bosch unit, or is it a case of well not sure which one it effects?

So if that is the case, when looking at a second hand one, what is the age/milage warranty up to?

Thanks

Kimbie
Dave there is no way of telling the unit will go.
Its only the model in the diesel that is faulty.
If you do get a second hand one its likely to become faulty its a chance you take.If you want to be completely trouble free it will need the new modified part which is about £1500.
Have a read through this thread it gives you all the info i have told you plus more.

This might be a bit of a silly question, but do you have to replace the unit with the exact same part number that you take out?

Having a bit of trouble getting the exact same part number that is fitted in my car.

Cheers

I would say yes but if its the new modified part that will have a different part number.best bet is to check your reg with a Honda dealer and they should be able to advise

Actually I'm not sure it matters - I believe the unit will need calibrating after fitting though (CJ can do this with his Honda hardware).

naah dude the Vsa modulator is a simple swap , bleed the brake system and that is it . what you are getting confused with is the ABS sensor calibration.
CJ but do you have to have the correct part number as Dilz asked or can you use say one from a petrol accord.

merging that thread into this for part number.
Cheers CJ i thought i seen that some wear.My answers were correct then/ it makes a change :D

Yes sorry when you said part number, I thought you meant different part numbers but from the diesel. As CJ has kindly pointed out, only the diesel is affected here - it's a Bosch unit.

As for calibration, my bad - I thought it needed that.

Nick did you get my PM back? was it of any help?

Nick did you get my PM back? was it of any help?

Yes I did, thanks Jav. I did reply, but you obviously didn't get it!

My previous question was referring to using ANY VSA modulator from the diesel model as there seems to be so many different part numbers. I didn;t know if they were interchangeable.

My unit is actually an Ate, not Bosch and I'm having real problems trying to source one with the exact same part number.

ATE? I thought they were all Bosch. You sure you're changing the right part??

I have a hard time to believe that , have you tried a local Honda dealer ? the above listed eight part numbers is one of them it is as simple as that!!

with you VIN number the dealer WILL provide you with the correct part number. This is not that difficult..its only difficult if you don't contact the dealer. if you get the royal run around with your local dealer, Ring the HH team they will gladly ***ist you.

EDIT :and why would want the same part with the same part number it will have the same problem as your current VSA module the revised parts have fixed the premature failure..

I will be replacing with a second hand unit, so I can sell my car fully working. This is why I have asked this question. I am having trouble getting that exact part number second hand.

ATE? I thought they were all Bosch. You sure you're changing the right part??

Yeh, so did I from reading the posts here! I could be being a total prat and looking at the wrong part, but I was led to believe the VSA modulator is part of the ABS unit at the front left of the engine bay? If someone has a picture of exactly where it is, that would clear this up straight away. But if it is the unit I think it is, then the part number is 57110-SEG-E550-M1 Type EGVVV SEGE5. Under the part number is the Ate logo and another number: 06-2102-0120-4.

Hey there - used to post on the AOC - finally found you guys here.

I too have just been diagnosed with the dreaded 66-1 fault code after a service.

Can anyone please confirm that if my car is <6yrs old and has <62k I will get this repaired free of charge?

Cheers.

yep 6 years or 62k and any thing more not covered

Hi friends. I have got a reply from my letter to Honda (UK). Not sure if this is public knowledge, but apparently Honda (UK) have extended the warranty on the VSA Modulator unit to 6 years or 62,500 miles (whichever comes first). So, if you write to their HQ in Slough and tell them you have the 66-1 fault then they should write back to you advising that if you take their reply letter to your local Honda dealer, they will order you a replacement unit at no cost. I don't think they are prepared to cover the cost of the labour - but, you can always try.

Now, nothing in life is this simple. In my case I actually went to a Honda dealer and paid them to officially diagnose the fault (and shop around if you do that, one dealer wanted about £100 and another only wanted £50). I am not sure, but if you simply write to them and say you have the light on and diagnosed the fault when your mate plugged his laptop in with a cable off eBay, they may not class that as having been diagnosed officially and may not be so forthcoming... although I am guessing here, I don't actually know what they are going to say.

The reason I don't seem to know much about the actual end result - when I recently bought my Accord, it was already over 62,500 miles, so in my case, they are not going to pony up the full cost. I was, however, told that if I take this letter to my local Honda dealer, they will order a replacement unit for me and it would only cost me £430.00 + VAT (no mention of labour - so that would come out of my pocket). Considering VAT is about to go up, if you are outside the 6 years / 62,500 miles extended warranty and you want to take them up on this offer, do it soon, otherwise instead of costing £505.25 it will cost £516.00. Ok, that may only be a ten spot, but look after the pennies and all that.

As for me - that reply was good - but not as good as getting it for free. So I have taken a bit of a risk here and decided not to order the unit. I have written back to them and pointed out that at no point did they actually write to owners making them aware of this - if they had done, the original owner of my car would have no doubt taken them up on the offer (I bought my car from a car auction in case you were wondering why I bought a car with the VSA warning light on - I didn't know it had a VSA warning light on when I bought it).

I hope this helps anyone who meets the extended warranty criteria. Final thought - if you meet the criteria, but don't yet have the warning light on - where do you stand. The unit has the potential to fail, so it might even be worth asking Honda (UK) if the replacement would have the same Bosch relay in it, or if they are going to use the unit from the petrol model, which I am told does not use the Bosh relay inside the unit and therefore is not subject to the same design fault. Good luck all.

I just choked on my tea!

In answer to the questions (these are best guesses)

1. Are all the facelift Accord VSA modulators made my Bosch or also ATE?
Bosch only

2. Is the 2004-2005 the same modulator?
Yes

3. Has anyone had theirs refurbished and fixed rather than a brand new unit?
BBA Remain can refurb them

4. Is the VSA/ABS one unit located at the front near the washer filler?
Yes it's stuck on the ABS unit mate with all the brake pipes coming out of it..

Now what the heck are you doing with a diesel??

Hi Guys,

My 05 CTDI tourer has developed this fault. My pump is ATE - p/n 57110-SEG-E550-M1. No way I'm spending £1,588 on anew one. Got one off eBay for £250 (p/n same except E541 instead of E550. My 'tame' mechanic is going to swap next week for me. BTW heard bad things about BBA Reman; apparently much better bet is 'ECUtesting.co.uk' - also better price. £350 instead of £650 from BBA. --Jerry

Jerry - thanks for that.

It seems our info might be wrong (thanks CJ) as you're the second person now to confirm that the part is made by ATE (not Bosch?).

I've also heard mixed things about BBA. I would rather use a second hand genuine part than a refurb for this item personally.

Jerry - thanks for that.

It seems our info might be wrong (thanks CJ) as you're the second person now to confirm that the part is made by ATE (not Bosch?).

I've also heard mixed things about BBA. I would rather use a second hand genuine part than a refurb for this item personally.

Hi Fahad,

My plan is to get my mechanic to swap pump (either just the plug-on control module - black box on side of pump, or complete unit) whatever I'm left with will be my 'spare' and if the second-hand unit (taken from the same model and year) fails, I'll get my 'spare' refurbished. Neither BBA or ECUtesting hold parts on the shelf; they will test and repair your unit. I'll post the results later... Cheers, Jerry